Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Transportation Technician II
at Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #54 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT's Raleigh Construction Management Team is seeking a Transportation Technician II to apply standard inspection procedures on ongoing activities during and after construction for quality, safety and conformance to plans and specifications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform inspection of contractor’s operations on a variety of transportation projects including roadway and bridge construction to verify conformance to plans and specifications
- Perform routine material testing
- Measure and track quantities of pay items
- Gather and maintain record documents including material certifications, testing reports, and inspector’s daily diaries
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Active driver’s license
- 2+ years of construction inspection experience on transportation projects
- NCDOT certifications including Concrete Field Technician, QMS Roadway Technician, and Conventional Density Testing preferred
- 4+ years of construction inspection experience on transportation projects preferred
Work is performed in the field. Ability to extensively perform bending, kneeling, standing, shoveling, and lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 25 lbs as needed. Work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Job Proficiency
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
- Integrity & Ethics
- Quality Service
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce