Local Government Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Development Research Analyst
at Local Government Federal Credit Union
About the Position
The individual who excels in this position will use their skills to research and analyze various levels of our diverse membership. This important data will be used to create and support plans for building economic development programs in the communities where our member’s live.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Research and analyze a variety of data to determine economically distressed communities and develop community economic profiles to recommend opportunities based on data trends.
- Design, test queries, and develop reports and dashboards as a tool to support program recommendations.
- Research and identify grants for economic development and determine which member segments will benefit.
- Provide supporting data for writing technical and financial assistance grants.
- Work with the Financial Risk team to create a reporting model that measures a community’s economic distress using specific grant eligibility criteria.
- Track grant applications, certifications, and their renewal dates. Prepare statistical data to be included as part of the application and recertification processes.
- Analyze data on risk ratings to identify and track trends that support New Market Tax Credits related transactions, Secondary Capital and grant programs.
- Gather data requirements from key stakeholders. Identify and recommend opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
- Research changes in population for various counties and analyze the member and community impact.
- Research, analyze and monitor changes in grant rules, statutes and regulations to ensure existing and new programs are in compliance.
- Research and analyze sources of public and private financing for community development.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- A minimum of 4 to 6 years of experience in various methods and/or techniques of research, statistical analysis and/or preparing reports.
- Excellent verbal, written, telephone, interpersonal communication skills and strong service orientation.
- PC proficient including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) and the Internet.
- Ability to function in a Consumer business office environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
- Travel required sometimes.
Here are a few qualifications we’d LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- BA/BS in Economic Development, Business or related field.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of community or economic development experience for a non-profit organization.
- Familiarity with standards and regulations of federal grants and funding related to community and economic development.
- Demonstrated experience using Geographic Information Systems, coordinating, organizing and presenting conclusions on data from diverse sources.
- Experience related to economic development or working with small businesses.
- Knowledge and experience using SAS Enterprise Guide or SAS Business Intelligence.
About the LGFCU Culture
If you are working here, or considering working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic work place that presents opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
3600 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609