Local Government Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Specialist Intern
at Local Government Federal Credit Union
Data Specialist Intern
About the Position
The Data Specialist Intern is a key member of the Finance department and Business Analytics team. The Data Specialist Intern is responsible for providing ongoing support for end users of data in the CFO division to assist with reporting and analytical needs. An important part of this role is supporting the conversion of design and creation of reporting and analysis into production-ready products for the end-users of financial analytics and reporting. This role will also utilize the SAS business intelligence tools to optimize LGFCU business intelligence in support of actionable strategies that support the LGFCU balance sheet.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Conduct exploratory research to identify local government entities to assist in creation of a robust and complete catalog of North Carolina local government units and their functions.
- Research external data sources that could be used to help supplement internal data.
- Assist in extraction and data prep of various internal and external data sources.
- Utilize internal and external data sources to conduct research on economic changes for North Carolina counties and help provide key statistics to management.
- Utilize internal and external data to benchmark and understand trends.
- Develop knowledge of Finance processes and functions. Becomes a subject matter expert.
- Standardize and integrate reports and analysis while ensuring all end-user needs are met in a consistent and timely fashion.
- Support program and development in Base SAS, SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Visual Analytics.
- Ensure inventory of standard reports and analysis are regularly updated, optimized and improved as strategies and business needs change.
- Create dashboards and reports to ensure end users have the appropriate information to drive business strategies and decisions.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- Currently working toward a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education in Finance, Economics or Business and relevant experience and/or interest working on data analysis or data management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Ability to function in a Consumer business office environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
- Travel required on occasion.
Here are a few qualifications we’d LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- Knowledge and experience using SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Visual Analytics are a plus.
- Knowledge of Base SAS and relational database concepts.
- Proficient in data analytics.
- Familiarity with financial institutions and related data is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge in Excel is a plus.
About the LGFCU Culture
If you are working here, or considering working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic work place that presents opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
3600 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609
Department: Finance Supervisor: Data Analytics Manager FLSA: Non-Exempt Effective: June 2018