Local Government Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Legal and Compliance Administrator
at Local Government Federal Credit Union
About the Position
The Risk and Compliance Administrator will be a key member of the Credit Union’s Legal and Compliance department by providing administrative, research, and compliance support to the Legal, Risk, Compliance and as needed Audit Services. This position supports the Credit Union’s overall risk and compliance strategies by assisting in the coordination of the department’s enterprise risk and compliance activities.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Maintain department databases.
- Prepare and organize documents and reports for meetings, hearings, and/or senior management review.
- Establish and maintain office files, logs, indices, legal references, control records, and other information in connection with the work under the control of the Legal and Compliance and Audit Services departments.
- Compose routine letters and memoranda. Proofread and correct prepared materials for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, format, syntax, and content.
- Maintain the general calendar for the Legal and Compliance and Audit Services teams by planning and scheduling conferences, and teleconferences; recording and monitoring filing requirements.
- Monitor the implementation plans for risk management and compliance programs.
- Keep abreast of, monitor and analyze developing trends and changes in regulatory compliance laws, rules and regulations and assist in determination of compliance/operational impacts and the development of implementation plans as needed.
- Develop/review forms, brochures, etc. as needed to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations as needed.
- Organize appropriate risk, compliance, legal, and audit reporting and presentations, internally and externally.
- Additional administrative duties assigned by the SVP of Legal and Compliance, SVP of Audit Services, or the VP of Compliance and Risk Management.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- BA or BS degree in Business or a related field.
- Minimum of two years in compliance.
- Excellent verbal, written, telephone, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to conduct thorough research, interpret and understand risk management, compliance, and audit standards and best practices and provide workable recommendations and solutions to problems.
- Ability to function in a Consumer business office environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
- Travel required on occasion.
Here are a few qualifications we’d LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- Broad knowledge of credit union laws and regulations
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officer designation.
- CUNA Bank Secrecy Act Compliance designation.
- Paralegal Experience and/or North Carolina Bar Certified Paralegal designation.
About the LGFCU Culture
If you are working here, or considering working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic work place that presents opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
3600 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609