Local Government Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Member Business Lending Loan Specialist
at Local Government Federal Credit Union
Member Business Lending Loan Specialist
About the Position
The Member Business Lending Loan Specialist coordinates and executes pre-closing/post-closing activities for Member Business Lending by analyzing loan requirements, executes due diligence activities along with track and clear documentation exceptions. The position manages the workflow of multiple loan packages to ensure deadlines are met, documentation is complete, accurate and compliant and delivers final loan packages prior to the closing date for new and existing loans. This position acts as a liaison with attorneys, third party vendors, members and facilitates communication of requirements between credit administration, loan operations, and loan officers for official loan closings
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Inputs commercial loans utilizing closing software and other Credit Union systems with responsibility of completing accurate loan documentation packages within departmental established time frames.
- Works with various internal departments and outside agencies to determine the proper course of action to document and/or collateralize loans. Identifies discrepancies and issues, facilitates resolution, and takes corrective actions.
- Order, receives and analyzes third party reports which may include but not limited to title, surveys, entity documents, flood determinations, and UCC searches. Ensures we are compliant with regulatory and internal policies & procedures in conjunction with Credit Administration.
- Prepare and finalize legal commercial documents for new loans, modifications, renewals, and annual reviews as well as organize files to be sent to Loan Operations for boarding and document management.
- Monitor various credit communication systems to ensure timely response to internal departments, loan officers, and members.
- Follow the Credit Union's Information Security policies, ensuring that all member information and confidential Credit Union information is processed and handled in a secure manner and environment.
- Determines acceptability of documentation and conformance to policy, guidelines, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with internal and external lending audits as it relates to credit.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- Minimum 4-6 years of commercial credit/loan operations environment as related to specific job functions.
- Ability to comprehend business loan supporting data and related data, including appraisals, environmental reports, title reports, borrower structures, leases.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task, prioritize, and accept change and function in a team environment and deal professionally with internal and external customers.
- Working knowledge of financial analysis and commercial documentation software.
- Ability to function in a business office environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
- Some travel may be required.
Here are a few qualifications we’d LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Qualifications of 7-9 years of Credit Union commercial credit/loan operations environment as related to specific job functions.
- Possess strong computer skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and remain flexible.
About the LGFCU Culture
If you are working here, or considering working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic work place that presents opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
3600 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609
Department: Lending Supervisor: MBL Credit Manager FLSA: Non-Exempt Effective: July 2019