Local Government Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Risk and Compliance Manager
at Local Government Federal Credit Union
Risk and Compliance Manager
About the Position
The Risk and Compliance Manager will provide leadership to the team and manage risk and compliance activities such as business continuity, fraud prevention, bank secrecy act, compliance management system and physical safety/security. The person successful in this role will have knowledge of state and federal laws, rules, regulations and procedures affecting the practice and administration of risk management and compliance policies and programs. This person will plan, organize and administer risk management and compliance activities; understand and explain regulations and policies, governing practices and procedures; independently identify and analyze risk management problems and implement changes. Interpret guidelines, regulations, and procedures.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Lead, manage, and coordinate the planning, production, and activities related to risk management and compliance and ensure the objectives maximize safety and soundness.
- Work with the business units to develop appropriate business continuity plans, pandemic, and emergency preparedness plans and tests the plans on at least an annual basis.
- Lead all fraud prevention Bank Secrecy Act related activities.
- Develop and implement an internal controls program that ensures the safeguarding of Credit Union assets and is in compliance with regulatory policy and procedures.
- Manage, educate, and develop direct reports.
- Manage the process of identifying, assessing and reporting the risks affecting the organization.
- Monitor and report results of the department level compliance efforts of the company and in providing guidance for the senior management team on matters relating to risk and other (vendor management, business continuity, information security) related compliance areas.
- Keep abreast of, monitor, and analyze developing trends and changes in regulatory compliance laws, rules and regulations, and advises management of the operational impact of such trends and changes. Facilitates implementation of new regulatory requirements and changes as necessary.
- Develop, participate in, and review proposed changes to Credit Union product, services, policies/procedures for compliance with applicable regulatory and consumer/public interest laws, rules and regulations, and provides recommendations for necessary changes.
- Utilize tact and experienced-based knowledge to resolve more complex member (internal and external) concerns/problems and operational issues by representing the Credit Union in a professional manner and maintaining positive member relations.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- Seven to nine years’ experience in compliance and/or risk management in the financial services industry.
- One to three years’ of management experience.
- Ability to conduct thorough research and interpret and understand risk management standards and best practices.
- Excellent verbal, written, telephone and interpersonal communication skills.
- Well organized, efficient, detail-oriented self-starter who has the ability to work independently or with a team.
- Ability to function in a Consumer business office environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
- Travel required on occasion.
Here are a few qualifications we’d LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- BS or BA in accounting, finance or related field.
- Excellent analytical ability
- Previous management experience in a financial institution.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to work with all levels of management, staff and members.
About the LGFCU Culture
If you are working here, or considering working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic work place that presents opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
3600 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609
Department: Legal and Compliance Supervisor: VP, Risk and Compliance FLSA: Exempt Effective: August 2019