Local Government Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Marketing Strategy
at Local Government Federal Credit Union
About the Position
Responsible for marketing strategy and for significant contributions to the formulation, development, recommendation, implementation and administration of Credit Union wide policies and business goals. Develops and implements marketing strategy plans and measure and evaluate the performance of the plan. Generates recommendations for campaigns that are in accordance with established objectives. Measures market performance and lead marketing projects including direct mail, online marketing, etc. Analyzes results of marketing efforts to assess the effectiveness of campaign; reports results to management. Provides information to members (internal and external). Operates independently.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Develop and execute winning strategies that solve member challenges. Work closely with Business Intelligence to discover gaps in member experience that may lead to member attrition and determine viable solutions to retain members.
- Leverage membership, competitive insights and data/analytics to translate business goals into marketing strategies.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing strategies to ensure connectivity, consistency and member focus
- Develop a high-level marketing strategy annually and understand the design, technical, financial and operational requirements of various marketing programs.
- Develop and implement membership growth initiatives. Analyze research to develop findings and insights that lead to marketing strategies for LGFCU.
- Coordinate with internal departments, including creative/communication and other departments to ensure consistency of brand messages and user experience across all digital and offline channels.
- Lead the charge on creating our vision for content, community engagement and driving brand affinity. Ensure proposed projects from internal teams are within the LGFCU marketing strategy. Work with marketing project management team and internal team to scope the project while ensuring the creative vision is met and appropriate resources are allocated accordingly.
- Coordinate the production, development and maintenance of new and existing website projects and identify opportunities to reduce reliance on external vendors.
- Manage all direct response/targeted marketing activities including but limited to: onboarding new member campaigns, regular recurring campaigns and new campaigns based on market research and member data.
- Identify appropriate campaigns, anticipated costs and anticipated revenues (ROI). Establishes tracking system; analyzes results and reports effectiveness of each campaign in achieving its goals and revenue projections.
- Study LGFCU Raddon Performance Analytics, annual survey data and other consumer financial/member data and recommend targeted marketing campaigns based on product profitability designed to increase product usage, increase revenue and achieve Credit Union goals and objectives.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- BS/BA degree in Marketing Research, Communications or related field.
- Minimum 7-9 years’ experience working with the design and development of direct response campaigns.
- Extensive experience in list management and member/product segmentation.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written, telephone and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to develop a collaborative team and work effectively within the team. Must possess excellent organizational, analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function in a Consumer business office environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
- Travel required on occasion.
Here are a few qualifications we’d LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- DMA certification.
- Previous experience dealing with financial institution products and services preferred.
About the LGFCU Culture
If you are working here, or considering working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic work place that presents opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
3600 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609