McKim & Creed
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instrumentation & Controls Specialist
at McKim & Creed
McKim & Creed is a unique, employee-owned firm. First and foremost, we value people. This means we not only hire great talent, we’ve also created an environment where each individual can grow, flourish and apply innovative thinking. As a result, we’ve created a world-class team of professionals within a nimble organization. That’s what our clients want. That’s why we succeed. Our clients hire us because of our people.
McKim & Creed has a reputation for state-of-the-art design of facilities that treat, preserve and conserve the earth’s finite water resources and optimize existing infrastructure and resources. Our highly respected teams of engineers and surveyors are committed to the innovation, sustainability and resource efficiencies that lead to a cleaner, safer and more sustainable future while helping communities leverage their infrastructure.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Water team. If you want to work at a company that will help you become the best you can be, we’re glad you found McKim & Creed.
- Utilize and program PLC control systems, SCADA Systems, and Human Machine Interface software to effectively design and implement instrumentation and control systems for water/wastewater projects
- Prepare specifications and drawings, write control system descriptions, perform start up and commissioning activities with minimal input from other personnel
- Understand and implement communications systems such as Ethernet based local area networks and wireless radio systems
- Utilize AutoCAD to design/develop Complex Instrument Control Loops, Instrument/Electrical Installation Details, Instrument location Drawings, Motor Control Schematics, Conduit Routing, and Control Panel Design
- Create Instrument material take-offs from drawings
- Consult with client and Project Manager to develop I&C system specifications
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Familiar with I&C Drawings (loops, cabinet layout/wiring) and P&ID
- Experienced with programming PLCs and HMIs
- Familiar with system networking
- Strong writing and verbal skills; Able to complete work consistently, with moderate flexibility to accommodate varying demands put on them by PMs, Contractors and Regulators
- Must maintain a level of precision and accuracy appropriate to the project demands
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle record
McKim & Creed is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status and maintains a Drug Free Workplace.