Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Director, Forecasting, Planning and Analysis
at Merz USA
Manage the planning and forecasting process for the Americas region. This position will serve as the senior financial business partner and contributor to strategic initiatives of the region. Will provide expert financial analytics, guidance and strategic support for all areas of the company with major focus on Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Research and Development and Business Development. This role will also be responsible for the management of the monthly accrual process, analysis of business results, variance reporting, quarterly forecasts and annual budget for responsible areas.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Lead budget and forecasting process for Americas – manage variance analysis, expense management initiatives and investment opportunities.
- Partner with the business to strategically enhance financial performance. Collaboratively develop improvement programs to ensure the attainment of corporate objectives. Prepare and manage risk, risk mitigation and opportunities.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives. Ensure initiatives are compliant with corporate standards and are congruent with Merz NA commercial strategies.
- Provide planning, modeling, analysis, and forecasting support for business reporting and business development needs. Consolidate annual and YEE budgets and report as required globally.
- Coordinate budget and YEE planning calendar and schedules through coordination with CFO, FP&A and Corporate Controlling.
- Present gross-to-net sales forecasts and trends on a monthly basis.
- Produce monthly variance analysis comparing actuals vs budget, forecast and prior year; identify issues and opportunities.
- Analyze current and past trends for key performance indicators and recommend a course of action to improve performance (if necessary).
- Complete monthly accruals for responsible areas ensuring accurate and compliant financial reporting.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications. Coach and develop staff.
Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- In-depth understanding of IFRS and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and a good understanding of preparing financial statements.
- Working knowledge of income tax laws and regulations based on related accounting for same.
- SAP experience.
- Knowledge of Windows environment and Microsoft Office products.
- Accounting concepts and principles (IFRS)
- Modeling methods for revenue and expenses
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective presentation skills, visual and verbal
- Ability to work with shifting priorities
This job description is an overview intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. The descriptions above are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
This job description may be altered at any time during the course of employment with functions added, deleted and/or altered as necessary.