Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Service Specialist - Monday thru Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
at RI International
Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. -5 p.m.
The Customer Service Specialist acts as receptionist, provides routine clerical and billing support, and performs various assigned secretarial duties.
- Answers telephones and acts as receptionist for agency or program; relays messages in a variety of formats, to appropriate staff in a timely manner.
- Ensures the cleanliness of the reception and lobby areas.
2. Guest Registration:
- In accordance with Program procedures, performs functions necessary for the initial registration.
- Input guest data into computer as needed.
3. Medical Records:
- Files, retrieves and maintains accurate guest records.
- Assists with the assembly and maintenance of medical records.
- Assists with the management and tracking of medical records deficiencies and in-completes.
4. Assist in the process of gathering data necessary to perform billing and audit functions as requested
5. Performs routine typing and other clerical tasks including organizing, filing, copying and faxing.
6. Assists in the ordering and stocking of supplies and inventory control.
7. Additional Functions
- Travel to various company facilities may occur.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
8. General Functions
- Cooperatively works as a team member with the ability to work well with supervisors and co-workers.
- Participates in agency committees and Quality Assurance programs as designated.
- Model, support and actively participates in the implementation of the Agency’s Mission Statement, Values and Philosophy
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Utilizes appropriate Infection Control procedures.
- Documents relevant and required information and services provided in the identified service record (electronic or otherwise) assuring continuity of care as a tool for communication with other team members.
- Maintain and observe all HIPAA regulations that apply.
- Provide timely, quality and accurate documentation in accordance with program standards.
Safety/ Physical Environment
- Participates as a team member to provide a safe recovery environment. Utilizes infection control and other safety standards. Contributes to the cleanliness of the work place.
- Utilizes effective positive engagement and conflict resolution skills.
- Fosters personal and environmental wellness by taking care of self and maintaining environmental wellness by reporting infection and on the job injuries.
- Assesses emergency situations, notifies supervisor of actual or potential challenges, exercises judgment in stressful conditions and responds calmly and quickly. Displays teamwork during emergencies.
- Influence and improve operations which are not under direct control.
- Use problem solving methods and critical thinking to continuously improve operations.
- Actively embodies Recovery Innovations’ mission, vision and values.
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the program and Recovery Innovations.
- Contributes and participates in continuous Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Models and practices recovery principles in all activities including hope, empowerment, responsibility, mutuality and self determination.
- Develop new and innovative ways to improve operations of the program and to create new opportunities.
- Determine strategies to move the program and Recovery Innovations forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationship with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Serves as a representative of the organization, acts as a positive role model towards all interactions (internal/ external stakeholders and people we serve) without judgment.
- Provides assistance in a concise, informative manner, keeping a positive, courteous tone and appropriate non-verbal communication and effective listening.
- Contributes to effective teamwork by combining skills and energies in a coordinated effort with supervisors, co-workers, guests and outside agencies.
- Communicates collaboratively with inter/intra-disciplinary team members and participates in team meetings.
- Develops collaborative relationships with community partners.
- Accepts feedback and contributes in an open and receptive way.
- Works independently or as part of a team; ability to interact appropriately with others.
- Speak, listen and write clearing, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Focus on Service Participant Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the internal and external customers to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment with an emphasis on respect, diversity, acceptance and compassion.
- An ability to interact effectively within the context of the cultural beliefs, behaviors, language and needs.
- Develops and maintain accurate community resources for education, information and referrals appropriate to guests needs.
Education, Licenses and Experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Two (2) years clerical experience, preferably in a health care environment.
Additional Requirements, Certifications and Qualifications
- Sufficient typing skills, as well as skill in using routine office equipment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Computer and data entry experience.
- Healthcare Provider CPR Certification and First Aid Certification.
- TB test Clearance.
Works in general office and classroom environment. Must possess visual and audio skills to complete job duties. May be subjected to Guests who are agitated.
Works in a standard office environment with some exposure to hazardous situations. Physical demands may include work close to the eyes and substantial motions of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers. Occasional sitting, standing, walking, handling, finger dexterity; eye-hand-foot coordination, use of corrected vision; color vision; use of auditory senses. May be required to lift up to twenty (20) pounds.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary function
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefit package: Bilingual Differentials, Shift Differentials, Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, and Group Life Insurance, Employer Matching 401k Plan, Employee Perks Program, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays and Generous PTO (paid time off) Program.
RI is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RI is committed to diversity in the workplace and promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We value a diverse workforce because diversity strengthens our teams and supports our innovative approaches to client engagement creating a healthier atmosphere.