Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Service Assistant (Part-Time or Pool)
at RI International
Essential Job Functions
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Oversees the kitchen environment and procedures, maintaining a clean environment, freshness and rotation of food stock and proper food handling
- Serves and prepares food in accordance with agency food safety requirements
- Appropriately follows safety standards and sanitation rules
- Working knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and necessary precautions. Appropriately follows safety standards and sanitation rules
- Cooperatively works as a team member with the ability to work well with supervisors, co-workers and participants.
- Models, supports and actively participates in the implementation of the Agency’s mission statement, values and philosophy.
- Minimum of six (6) months of food service experience with working knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and necessary precautions
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be a least 21 years of age
- Will be required to pass a Drug Screen, and pre-placement Physical
- Will be required to have TB QuantiFERON test clearance
Works in production area where some hazardous conditions may exist. Must possess visual and audio skills to complete job duties. Schedule may include long hours and or weekends.
Physical demands include continuous standing; walking; handling; finger dexterity; eye-hand-foot coordination; use of corrected vision; depth perception; wide field of vision; color vision; use of auditory, olfactory and tactile senses. Frequent bending over; stooping; kneeling; crouching; pushing; pulling sitting; reaching; climbing/balancing on a step stool to reach supplies/equipment in cabinets; climbing stairs; carrying up to and lifting up to 50 pounds. Exposure to extreme heat and cold.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary function.
Address: 309 Crutchfield St. Durham, NC 27704
If you are ready to help make a difference in people’s lives and join our team of professionals who care, then take the next step and apply now!
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefit package: Bilingual Differentials, Shift Differentials, Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, Group Life Insurance, Employer Matching 401k Plan, Employee Perks Program, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays, a Generous PTO (paid time off) Program, to include RI supporting the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
RI is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All candidates are required to pass a pre-employment substance abuse test before beginning employment, to include the use of recreational marijuana. RI is committed to maintaining a workplace free of the effects of drugs and alcohol for the health, safety and welfare of its employees, their families and our guests.
RI is committed to diversity in the workplace and promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We value a diverse workforce because diversity strengthens our teams and supports our innovative approaches to client engagement creating a healthier atmosphere.