Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Psychiatric RN - Pool
at RI International
Essential Job Functions
- Provides, coordinates and supervises the nursing services for designated shift including staff assignments related to nursing services and safety in the facility.
- In conjunction with the Recovery Services Administrator, assures that the delivery of nursing care meets licensing regulations an accreditation standards.
- Assures the availability of medical and nursing supplies and equipment. Monitors the safety and effectiveness of equipment in accordance with agency policy.
- Completes and/or reviews of all required reports such as:
- Incident reports
- Infection control reports
- Medication errors
- Adverse drug reactions
- Safety Intervention documentation
- In partnership with the person being served, develops a recovery service plan using Recovery Coaching to engage each participant in his or her individual recovery journey.
- Assists participants in identifying their hopes and dreams and the solutions they are seeking by using the Recovery Coaching process to develop and record an individualized Recovery and Wellness plan
- Ensures completion of designated assessments of all guests brought to the facility developing plans and recovery solutions in partnership with the participant.
- Documents information and service provided in electronic data base assuring continuity of the service record and as a tool for communication with other team members.
- Provides appropriate treatment and makes appropriate dispositions and referrals in consultation with the team in accordance with agency policy.
- Supervises/or provides health care including all required medical/nursing treatments and guest monitoring.
- Ensures /or provides various recovery activities according to each person’s individual recovery services plan.
- Administers medication following agency’s medication protocol.
- Supervises special diet requirements for guests as needed
- Initiates and/or ensures appropriate response to all medical emergencies in accordance with agency medical protocols and agency procedures.
- Oversees safety intervention procedures as appropriate to program.
- Communicates complaints and incidents to supervisory personnel in completing require documentation.
- Documents relevant and required information and services provided in the identified service record (electronic or otherwise) assuring continuity of care as a tool for communication with other team members.
- Maintain and observe all HIPAA regulations that apply.
- Provide timely, quality and accurate documentation in accordance with program standards.
- Participates as a team member to provide a safe recovery environment. Utilizes infection control and other safety standards. Contributes to the cleanliness of the work place.
- Utilizes effective positive engagement and conflict resolution skills.
- Fosters personal and environmental wellness by taking care of self and maintaining environmental wellness by reporting infection and on the job injuries.
- Assesses emergency situations, notifies supervisor of actual or potential challenges, exercises judgment in stressful conditions and responds calmly and quickly. Displays teamwork during emergencies.
- Influence and improve operations which are not under direct control.
- Use problem solving methods and critical thinking to continuously improve operations.
- Actively embodies Recovery Innovations’ mission, vision and values.
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the program and Recovery Innovations.
- Contributes and participates in continuous Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Models and practices recovery principles in all activities including hope, empowerment, responsibility, mutuality and self determination.
- Develop new and innovative ways to improve operations of the program and to create new opportunities.
- Determine strategies to move the program and Recovery Innovations forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationship with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Serves as a representative of the organization, acts as a positive role model towards all interactions (internal/ external stakeholders and people we serve) without judgment.
- Provides assistance in a concise, informative manner, keeping a positive, courteous tone and appropriate non-verbal communication and effective listening.
- Contributes to effective teamwork by combining skills and energies in a coordinated effort with supervisors, co-workers, guests and outside agencies.
- Communicates collaboratively with inter/intra-disciplinary team members and participates in team meetings.
- Develops collaborative relationships with community partners.
- Accepts feedback and contributes in an open and receptive way.
- Works independently or as part of a team; ability to interact appropriately with others.
- Speak, listen and write clearing, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Focus on Service Participant Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the internal and external customers to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment with an emphasis on respect, diversity, acceptance and compassion.
- An ability to interact effectively within the context of the cultural beliefs, behaviors, language and needs.
- Develops and maintain accurate community resources for education, information and referrals appropriate to guests needs
Safety/ Physical Environment
Works in general office environment and behavioral health clinical areas. Some risk involved in the event people being served have challenges with control which is mitigated by team training in verbal de-escalation skills. Must possess visual and audio skills to complete job duties. Schedule may include long hours and travel throughout geographic region.
The physical requirements described herein are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. Continuous standing; walking; handling; finger dexterity, eye-hand-foot coordination; use of corrected vision; depth perception; wide field of vision; color vision; use of auditory, olfactory and tactile senses. Frequent bending over; stooping, kneeling; crouching; pushing; pulling; sitting; reaching; climbing/balancing on a step stool to reach supplies/equipment in cabinets; climbing stairs; carrying up to 25 pounds. Occasional crawling; running; pushing up to 250 pounds; pulling up to 250 pounds; lifting up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary function.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefit package: Bilingual Differentials, Shift Differentials, Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, Group Life Insurance, Employer Matching 401k Plan, Employee Perks Program, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays, a Generous PTO (paid time off) Program, to include RI supporting the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
RI is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All candidates are required to pass a pre-employment substance abuse test before beginning employment, to include the use of recreational marijuana. RI is committed to maintaining a workplace free of the effects of drugs and alcohol for the health, safety and welfare of its employees, their families and our guests.
RI is committed to diversity in the workplace and promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We value a diverse workforce because diversity strengthens our teams and supports our innovative approaches to client engagement creating a healthier atmosphere.