Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior ADC Design Engineer
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Electrical Engineering
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Microsoft Silicon Team is continuing to revolutionize consumer electronic devices & Cloud Computing. We are currently looking for an Experienced Analog Engineer who is innovative and has a passion for analog design and verification of next generation Consumer & Cloud Computing Devices.
This group designs high performance mixed signal ASICs in CMOS technology using custom IC design tools. You will work in a diverse, dynamic environment and interact with other teams to help design and test great products!
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, highly motivated engineer with excellent technical & interpersonal skills, used to working independently or as a key member of a fast moving design team.
The primary responsibility of this position entails working within a team to design analog and mixed-signal transistor level circuit designs along with the physical layouts of the high speed circuits for high-speed ADC based SerDes PHY blocks.
You will be responsible for all or parts of the following areas:
- Mixed signal IC circuit design.
- Design validation simulation, pre and post layout.
- Design review presentations.
- Layout floor-planning and supervision.
- Physical verification of layout against the schematic.
- Circuit test methodology specification.
- Bench validation and characterization.
· Design documentation creation.
- BSEE or Equivalent, MSEE/PhD preferred.
- 5+ years minimum experience in custom Analog IC circuit design, including design of ADC in ADC based SERDES PHY, amplifiers, comparators, references, bias circuits, and switched capacitor or sampling circuits.
- Proven track record at each of the following stages in product development:
- Experience in high-speed ADC based SerDes design.
- Design partitioning and error / noise budgeting. Knowledge of device matching, parasitic extraction, signal integrity.
- Detailed design and simulation of basic analog building blocks and one or more of the following subsystems: ADC, DAC, clocking systems, voltage regulators, dc-dc switching regulators.
- Supervision of layout activity and editing of critical sections or blocks.
- Chip level design verification of complex designs.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Architecture development and feasibility studies.
- Chip characterization, qualification and release to production.
- Design of high-speed interfaces (SerDes, DDR-phy, etc.)
- Experience / Expertise in simulation and testing of complex subsystem blocks.
- Automation of simulation and data analysis environments using scripting languages or tools such as MATLAB.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and able to quickly learn and understand the given requirements assigned to them, and to quickly implement, test and debug these blocks. While we are a small team with a great deal of interaction, the ideal candidate will be expected to contribute directly with minimal direction or supervision.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.