Mohawk Industries, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CLASS A CDL- YARD DRIVER
at Mohawk Industries, inc.
- Job ID
- FLSA Status
- Job Group
Mohawk Industries provides a premium level of service with its private fleet and more than 250 local distribution locations. All equipment is safe and professionally maintained. Mohawk Drivers receive excellent benefits—health, dental, holiday, 401k, tuition reimbursement, college bound savings program & much more!
3rd shift (starting at 6pm)
Rotating 12 hours shift
Starting Hourly Rate: $18.47
Must have forklift experience
Give us a call at 866-429-5011!
A Mohawk Yard Driver is responsible for moving trailers safely and efficiently to desired locations on Mohawk Industries company property. Trailers may be empty or contain product. Receives instructions from warehouse or transportation personnel.
- Perform all required pre-operational and post-operational inspections on equipment to be operated.
- Adhere to all safety requirements outlined in JSA.
- Communicate with transportation or warehouse personnel in order to receive assignments.
- Refuel tractors as needed.
- Engage / Disengage tractors to and from trailers.
- Complete any necessary logs or paperwork
- Must possess a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL)
- Must be at least 23 years of age
- Must have a minimum of 6 months recent and verifiable commercial driving experience (with a semi-tractor & trailer) and be familiar with the region
- Must pass a pre-employment DOT physical and drug screen (and receive a medical certification of at least 1 year), a skills (driving) assessment and a physical agility assessment
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and written, and have good interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently and manage time effectively
- Must be able to safely operate equipment in all types of weather conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs., unassisted, several times throughout the workday
- Must be knowledgeable of DOT regulations
- Must be willing and able to work extra hours or different shifts as necessary
- Must have ability to operate Intermec handheld equipment and e-logs
- Must be able to handle challenging or difficult situations, including with customers
- Must be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently
- Must meet all the qualification requirements of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations Parts 383 and 391
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures on a frequent basis
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries has been a trusted name in carpets for more than 130 years and is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of broadloom carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Columbia, Century, Dal-Tile, American Olean and Quick-Step. Mohawk's unique merchandising and marketing assist our customers in creating the consumers' dream.