North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Casework Associate 1/WIOA PETS Associate (Pitt County) -- Temporary Solutions
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
If you are a current NC State Government employee, you will not be considered for a temporary assignment. Temporary Solutions cannot accommodate dual employment.
Individuals hired into a temporary State job must be fully qualified for the job. OSHR supports the Governor's Job Ready initiative and seeks to expand a temporary's skill set to enhance their qualifications for State government and private sector jobs. Exposure to an agency's culture, process, procedures and potential learning opportunities can provide valuable experience to those who may ultimately seek permanent employment with the state.
This temporary position will be located in Greenville - Pitt County. There are no leave or retirement benefits offered. Visit www.nctemporarysolutions.com for employment information.
Hourly Rate of Pay: $7.25 - $16.25 (Based on education and/or years of relevant work experience reflected on the application)
These temporary positions will be assigned to the Department of Health & Human Services - HS - Services for the Blind. These positions will locate and provide information and services to potentially eligible, eligible, and under-served children and families with VIB ages 14-21 years of age according to the definitions given in the WIOA/PETS legislation. Employees will work with DSB VR Staff in the implementation and service delivery of pre-employment transition services to qualifying students with visual impairments, blindness or deaf-blindness. Will provide service delivery, outreach, marketing and documentation of services rendered for VIB-PETS clients throughout the various stages of the vocational rehabilitation process. Will focus efforts on areas of the state that do not presently offer a MOU with local school systems.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
[NOTE: Qualified applicants must meet and CLEARLY reflect on their application training and experience and all knowledge, skills, abilities and any experience or competencies specified in the supplemental question(s) to be considered.]
- Willingness to engage in extensive training in order to become knowledgeable of WIOA/PETS legislation
- Experience working with youth ages 14-21 years of age, school staff and providers
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) efficiently in composing letters, presentations and reports.
- Willingness to learn and work within an electronic case management system
- Excellent communication skills for interacting with eligible individuals, employers, vendors, agency staff and others as required.
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree in a discipline relative to the program served from an appropriately accredited institution; or Bachelor's degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in an area related to program that provides experience in techniques of casework or counseling; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
Office of State Human Resources
2321 Crabtree Blvd., Suite 110
Raleigh, NC 27604