North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Nurses Assistant
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
The Black Mountain Neuro-Medical Treatment Center (BMNTC) has openings for Health Care Technicians (Certified Nursing Assistants) who will provide excellent care to our residents. Work is performed under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
SALARY GRADE: GN04
- obtaining vital signs.
- training and assisting patients with activities of daily living.
- providing ongoing observation, interaction and feedback to patients.
- reporting concerns and recommendations to appropriate professional program staff.
- other duties as delegated by and completed under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
RECRUITMENT RANGE: $31,200* - $40,450 Annually *New Starting Salary!
POSITION NUMBER: TO BE DETERMINED
The usual work schedule includes alternating holidays. Flexibility is required for training and education purposes and to meet BMNTC's needs. The CNA position is critical to the care of our residents and is considered mandatory. Therefore, CNAs are required to work during adverse weather conditions and emergencies.
Available shifts are:
- First Shift (Days) 6:45 AM – 3:15 PM
- Second Shift (Evenings) 2:45 PM – 11:15 PM
- Third Shift (Nights) 10:45 PM – 7:15 AM
ABOUT BLACK MOUNTAIN NEURO-MEDICAL TREATMENT CENTER:
BMNTC provides services and support to individuals and families affected by lifelong disabilities and by Alzheimer's Disease.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
We are a specialized long-term care facility that enhances the quality of life and maintains the dignity of persons with developmental disorders and specialized dementia whose needs exceed the resources available in the community by providing respectful, individualized, compassionate and quality care.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
To receive credit for all your work experience and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified candidates must document on the application that they possess all the following:
- Ability to learn principles and practices of health care techniques for nursing assistants.
- Ability to learn safety measures.
- Ability to recognize patient needs and communicate them accurately.
- Ability to learn to follow hospital, unit and nursing policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with difficult patients while maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment.
Experience working with individuals with developmental disorders and/or specialized dementia.
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
High School or General Educational Development diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
SPECIAL CONDITION FOR EMPLOYMENT:
Listing as a Nurse Aide I by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
North Carolina State Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Positions in the Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities shall be subject to pre-employment drug testing and criminal record background checks. Also, the use of tobacco products of any kind including vapor products are prohibited from our campuses. All employees are required to adhere to the facility's Vaccination Policy.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an e-mail notifying you when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your applications, please call the NEO GOV Help Line at 855-524-5627. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact HR at (828) 259-6733.