North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
- THIS IS A REPOST
PLEASE NOTE: FOR CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEES IN POSITIONS CLASSIFIED AS GN12 - REGISTERED NURSE, PLEASE BE ADVISED THIS IS A PROFESSIONAL ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITY WITHIN THE SAME PAY GRADE. THE CANDIDATE MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR A SALARY INCREASE WITH SELECTION TO THIS POSITION, HOWEVER, THERE IS NO GUARANTEE OF AN ADDITIONAL SALARY INCREASE, AS INCREASES WILL BE ACCESSED BASED ON ACTUAL EXPERIENCE AND CURRENT EQUITY FOR THE LIKE GRADE AND FACILITY.
Position is a Charge/Lead Nurse located at Harnett Correctional Institution in Lillington, NC, which houses medium custody male offenders Position provides professional nursing care/treatment to patients in accordance with medical protocols in a supervisory capacity. Employees in this role are responsible for managing and supervising daily nursing care on an assigned shift or assigned area, or in a preceptor role, coordinating all licensed and non-licensed staff. Work includes conducting needs assessments; developing, implementing and evaluating treatment plans; and providing patient care and education to offenders in a state correctional facility. Position requires sick call assessments, medication administration, phlebotomy sticks, transcribing MD/PA orders, patient education, thorough medical documentation, monitoring/treatment of communicable diseases, and responding to emergencies. Position will be the Charge/Lead RN and may be required to work any shift, based on current needs of the institution, to include weekends and holidays, with limited clinical supervision.
Click HERE for State Benefits Information
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
Listed below are the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) associated with the position. These KSAs, along with the minimum education and experience listed, are required in order to be deemed "eligible" for the position therefore you must provide supporting information, within the body of your application, to demonstrate your possession of each KSA listed.
Qualified applicants must possess, and application must clearly reflect work experience that demonstrates the following:
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of North Carolina and one year of experience. If possess a single state RN license from a state other than NC, must apply and receive at a minimum a "temporary license" to practice in NC prior to hire date.
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of North Carolina and one year of experience. If possess a single state RN license from a state other than NC, must apply and receive at a minimum a "temporary license" to practice in NC prior to hire date.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
The N.C. Department of Public Safety (DPS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages qualified men and women to apply. DPS uses the Merit-Based Recruitment and Selection Plan to fill positions subject to the State Personnel Act with the most qualified individuals. Hiring salary will be based on relevant qualifications, internal equity and budgetary considerations pertinent to the advertised position.
- Online applications are only accepted through http://www.oshr.nc.gov/jobs/
- Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the state application. Embedded or attached resumes ARE NOT accepted as a substitution for a completed application. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application.
- To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the State of North Carolina application in the Education and Work Experience sections of the applications form. Any information omitted cannot be considered for qualifying credit.
- Degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Applicants seeking Veteran's Preference must attach a DD form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, along with your application.
- During the online application process if additional documentation is required, attach the documentation at the bottom of Step 4 in the application process.
- If applying for a position certified through the North Carolina Department of Justice-Criminal Justice Standards Division, refer to http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/831a884b-7b81-42bf-aa64-6d725bbbd49e/Criminal-Justice-Education-and-Training-Standards.aspx for specific certification requirements.
The N.C. Department of Public Safety must adhere to the United States Department of Justice Final Rule on the "National Standards to Prevent, Detect, and Respond to Prison Rape" under the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) Standards at 28 C.F.R. Part 115 Docket No. OAG-131 RIN 1105-AB34. Refer to http://www.ncdps.gov/document/prea-hiring-and-promotion-prohibitions for hiring and promotion prohibition requirements for all positions in the N. C. Department of Public Safety.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account and click "Application Status."
If you are having technical issues logging into your account or applying for a position, please review the Get Help/FAQs information on the website. If you are still experiencing technical issues with your application, please call the NeoGov Help Line at 855-524-5627.