North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Social Worker - Central Regional Hospital
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Pay: $46203 to $78218/year
$46203 - $78218
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2540961
Overall Job Objective
- Description of Work
- Central Regional Hospital
Where Caring is Contagious!
We are currently recruiting for Clinical Social Workers at Central Regional Hospital (CRH). The Clinical Social Worker is responsible for providing clinical case management services and discharge planning to clients in an inpatient psychiatric setting. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
We are currently recruiting for positions on the following units:
- Opportunity to provide individual and family clinical interventions and psycho-education, along with the possibility of doing groups.
Geriatrics Service Unit GSU:
GSU serves patients 65 and older with primary psychiatric diagnoses which may include Alzheimer's/Dementia who exhibit behaviors such as agitation, aggression and confusion in addition to medical diagnoses.
Community Transition Unit (CTU):
CTU provides state-of-the-art assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation for patients with severe, chronic or treatment-resistant psychiatric illnesses. These patients require more comprehensive and extended services to return to the community with a reduced risk of relapse and readmission.
Acute Adult Unit (AAU):
AAU provides admission, treatment, and discharge services to patients admitted to the hospital between the ages of 18 and 64 years old. It is the primary admission portal for adults with acute or chronic psychiatric illness.
These are a full-time positions and eligible for the full State benefits package including health insurance and retirement. The normal working hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; however, flexibility is required to meet hospital needs. Some holiday and weekend hours may be required.
Salary Grade: GN12
Position: Multiple Positions
About the Department of Health and Human Services / Central Regional Hospital:
The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is one of the largest, most complex agencies in the state, with approximately 18,000 employees. In collaboration with its partners, it is responsible for ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all North Carolinians.
CRH is a State-of-the Art psychiatric hospital located in Butner, NC. Our location is ideal with four seasons, mild temperatures and provides an easy commute to the N.C. mountains or beaches. Butner possesses small town charm but is within 30 minutes of a major metropolitan area including Research Triangle Park, Raleigh, Chapel Hill, and Durham, NC. The people we serve are at the heart of our facility. Our team is critical to the mission of the hospital. We strive to create an environment in which every team member contributes to the overall success of the hospital to positively impact the lives of those around them and the individuals we serve.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
- To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified candidates must document on the application that they clearly possess all of the following:
- Requires thorough knowledge of social work principles, techniques and practices, and their application to complex problems associated with adult inpatient psychiatric treatment.
- This position requires considerable knowledge of a wide range of behavioral and psychosocial problems and their treatment.
- Knowledge of individual, family and group dynamics is required.
- Considerable knowledge of the laws, regulations, and policies associated with adult inpatient psychiatric treatment.
- Skill is needed in establishing rapport with clients and in applying techniques of assessing psychosocial, behavioral, and psychological aspects of client's problems.
- The ability to express ideas clearly and concisely and to plan and execute work effectively is required.
- The position requires a flexible, energetic person with the ability to function as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Physical requirements will be discussed during the interview process.
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Master's degree in social work from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of supervised social work experience as required by the North Carolina Social Work Certification and Licensure Board.
Necessary Special Qualification - one must fulfill all requirements for Licensure in North Carolina as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker as required by the North Carolina Social Work Certification and Licensure Board.
Employee's with a provisional license may apply to be hired in a trainee status until full licensure has been obtained.
Degrees must be received from appropriately accredited colleges or universities.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Positions in the Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities shall be subject to pre-employment drug testing and criminal record background checks. Also, the use of tobacco products of any kind including vapor products are prohibited from our campuses. All employees are required to adhere to the facility's Vaccination Policy.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying you when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your application, please call the NeoGov Help Line at 855-524-5627. Applicants will be communicated with via email only for updates on the status of their application. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact HR at 919-764-7200.