North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Creative/Expressive Art Therapist - Central Regional Hospital
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
- Central Regional Hospital
Where Caring is Contagious!
**This is a repost. Prior applicants are still under consideration and do not need to reapply.**
We are currently recruiting for Creative/Expressive Arts Therapists at Central Regional Hospital. The primary purpose of this position is to provide one form of Creative Expressive Arts Therapy (art, dance, drama or music) for children, adolescents and/or adult patients throughout the hospital as assigned. Job duties include the following:
There are multiple positions available. These positions are eligible for the full State benefits package including health insurance, paid sick/vacation/holidays, and retirement. The normal working hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., with occasional weekends as scheduled. Flexibility is required to meet hospital needs.
- Design and implement programs and interventions to meet the patients' treatment goals and monitors and documents the patient's response participation, performance and progress towards the goals identified in the Master Treatment Plan.
- Regular written and/or verbal communication with the Department of Psychosocial Treatment Advisors regarding patients enrolled in the specific Creative Expressive Arts Therapies.
- Makes recommendations for treatment, goals and interventions based on patients' strengths and needs.
- Assist with the Clinical Internship Training Programs and student volunteers from area universities.
- Assist the supervisor in various administrative duties as assigned.
Salary Grade: GN09
Recruitment Range: $36,677 - $58,683
About the Department of Health and Human Services / Central Regional Hospital:
The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is one of the largest, most complex agencies in the state, with approximately 18,000 employees. In collaboration with its partners, it is responsible for ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all North Carolinians.
Central Regional Hospital is a State-of-the Art psychiatric hospital located in Butner, NC. Our location is ideal with four seasons, mild temperatures and provides an easy commute to the N.C. mountains or beaches. Butner possesses small town charm but is within 30 minutes of a major metropolitan area including Research Triangle Park, Raleigh, Chapel Hill, and Durham, NC. The people we serve are at the heart of our facility. Our team is critical to the mission of the hospital. We strive to create an environment in which every team member contributes to the overall success of the hospital to positively impact the lives of those around them and the individuals we serve.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
- To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified candidates must document on the application that they clearly possess all of the following:
Management prefers candidates with the following:
- Working knowledge of the therapeutic creative/expressive arts principles, techniques, and methods and their application to the population being served.
- Working knowledge of the physiological, sociological and psychological implications of the disease processes experienced by the population being served.
- Previous work experience demonstrating the ability to integrate a philosophy of creative/expressive arts which is therapeutic in nature into a clinical program.
- Previous work experience demonstrating the ability to instruct and supervise student interns and other medical and paraprofessional personnel in creative/expressive arts therapy methods and techniques.
- Previous work experience demonstrating the ability to evaluate client progress and to present evaluative reports in interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Previous work experience demonstrating the ability to maintain effective working relationships with clients, families, a variety of professional disciplines, and the general public.
- Experience with inpatient psychiatric setting preferred.
- A candidate that possess one of the following:
ADA Physical Requirements will be discussed during the interview but include standing, walking, hearing, repetitive motions, and other work requirements to be discussed during interview.
- Board certified music therapist for this position, with the MT-BC credential.
- Registration with ATCB (Art Therapy Credentialing Board) as an ATR-P, ATR.
- Registration with DMTCB (Dance Movement Therapy Certification Board) as a R-DMT or BC-DMT.
- Registration with NADTA (North American Drama Therapy Association) as a RDT.
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree in music therapy which includes a six month internship from an appropriately accredited institution
Bachelor's degree in music or music education with an equivalency in music therapy which includes a six month internship from an appropriately accredited institution
Bachelor' s degree in one of the creative/expressive arts areas (art, dance, drama, music) from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of experience in all phases of therapeutic programming; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If the creative/expressive arts degree program has a therapeutic equivalency or emphasis, the experience requirements will be waived.
Degrees must be from appropriately accredited colleges or universities.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Positions in the Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities shall be subject to pre-employment drug testing and criminal record background checks. Also, the use of tobacco products of any kind including vapor products are prohibited from our campuses. All employees are required to adhere to the facility's Vaccination Policy.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying you when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your applications, please call the NeoGov Help Line at 855-524-5627. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact HR at 919-764-7200.