North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Farmworker Data & Quality Specialist
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
The primary purpose of this position is to support the goals of the North Carolina Farmworker Health Program and the Office of Rural Health. Under the guidance of the Farmworker Health Program Manager, this position will have the following job responsibilities:
- Manage the Program's data
- Compile reports
- Coordinate continuous quality improvement processes
- Provide technical assistance to Contractors and other healthcare agencies
- Ensure compliance with federal and state requirements.
Salary Grade GN13; Recruitment Range $48,051 - $63,000
About the Office of Rural Health
The Office of Rural Health (ORH) has two primary functions. First, the ORH engages local and state leaders in designing and implementing strategies for improving the health of rural and underserved communities. In this role, the ORH assists underserved communities and populations with developing innovative strategies for equal access, high quality and cost-effective health care for all by working with communities to meet the health needs of all underserved residents, fostering state and local partnerships with ownership vested in communities, providing in-depth technical assistance on an on-going basis, assuring clear and measurable accountability, and seeking to eliminate health disparities. Second, in cooperation with DHHS divisions and community partners, the ORH assists the Secretary in designing and testing innovative and community-based approaches for meeting DHHS developmental priorities.
The North Carolina Farmworker Health Program works to improve the health of migrant and seasonal farmworkers and their families by providing funding, training, and technical assistant to a statewide network of outreach and health care providers.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified applicants must document on the application that they possess all of the following:
- Experience with database management, data analysis, data visualization and reporting
- Experience with Electronic Health Records and/or Health Information Technology (HIT)
- Experience with quality improvement initiatives and evaluation practices
- Able to collect, organize, analyze and prepare reports from data and other information
- Skilled in communicating data findings to assist with the development, maintenance and monitoring of health care initiatives
- Ability to interpret and apply rules, regulations, standards and policies applicable to programs
- Can establish and maintain effective working relationships with interested organizations, agencies, communities and individuals
Public administration, business administration, public health, or social work
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree in sociology, psychology, political science, business administration, public administration or related field, from an appropriately accredited institution and four years of experience related to the specific program assignment;
An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Supplemental and Contact Information
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your applications, please call the NEOGOV Help Line at 855-524-5627. Applicants will be communicated with, via email only, for updates on the status of their application. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact HR at 919-855-3477.