North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
This position is in the Federal Funds Reporting Branch of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Office of Controller located in the Dorothea Dix Park. It serves as the supervisor of a staff of four for Grant Accounting within the Office of the Controller for the Division of Public Health. Accounting responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervision of reviewing and approving drawdown requests
- Drawing Federal funds
- Federal expenditure reporting
- Recording grant awards
- Interpret and implement Federal regulations
- Assist with the year-end Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), Division of Payment Management FFR 425 reports, preparing the Administrative Cap analysis, and also the Grants Inventory for all grants assigned
- Interaction with other sections of the Office of Controller, Division Budget officers and representatives with Federal agencies including US Department of Agriculture and US Department of Health and Human Services
About the DHHS Office of the Controller:
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is responsible for ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all North Carolinians.
The Office of the Controller sets and interprets all accounting and financial reporting policies and procedures for the Department as authorized by the rules and regulations of the Office of the State Controller and State Statute, and executes all accounting transactions for the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified applicants must document on the application that they possess all of the following:
- Considerable knowledge of accounting theories, principles and Federal grant accounting
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of GAAP and Governmental Accounting Principles
- Demonstrated ability to review accounting transactions and make determinations to correct any discrepancies and errors;
- Proven ability to make decisions regarding accounting issues
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
- Extensive knowledge of Excel & Word
- Reporting experience
- Supervisory experience
- CAFR experience
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree in accounting, or a degree in business administration, finance or public administration or a related discipline from an appropriately accredited institution with 18 semester hours of accounting;
An equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your applications, please call the NEOGOV Help Line at 855-524-5627. Applicants will be communicated with, via email only, for updates on the status of their application. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact HR at 919-855-3477.