North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health Care Technician
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
Salary Grade: GN04
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, the Health Care Technician provides close monitoring to assigned residents, assures the safety of residents, and ensures document care is rendered completely and accurately.
Longleaf Neuro-Medical Treatment Center (LNMTC) is a certified Medicare and Medicaid facility nursing home that provides a continuum of care to both adults with severe and persistent mental illness that also have long-term medical conditions requiring residential, medical and nursing care, and to adults with a diagnosis of Alzheimer's or other related dementia. LNMTC facilitates high quality skilled and intermediate nursing care throughout four Nursing Unit Floors and an Alzheimer's Unit that operates 24 hours seven days a week, with 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts.
See more of Longleaf and what our employees have to say about it!
This posting is for multiple vacancies of Health Care Technician I on various floors and shifts at Longleaf Neuro-Medical Treatment Center.
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), in collaboration with our partners, provides essential human services to improve the health, safety and well-being of all North Carolinians.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
- Basic knowledge of a variety of psychiatric, intellectual disabilities, medical and/or other related conditions.
- Basic knowledge of teaching strategies and positive behavior support for people with severe cognitive deficits.
- Basic knowledge of nurse aide skills.
- General knowledge of dietetics, sanitation and personal hygiene.
- General knowledge of nursing methods and techniques in caring for medical, surgical and mentally ill patients.
- Ability to follow the treatment plans and/or clinical orders.
- Ability to provide personal care and treatments for patients.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals, staff and others.
- Ability to maintain professional and even tempered demeanor and work relationships.
- Ability to learn behavior management and supportive counseling techniques.
- Ability to communicate observations and recommendations effectively in written and verbal form.
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
High school or General Educational Development diploma
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Condition for Continued Employment As required, listing as a Nurse Aide I by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation. As applicable, listing as a Nurse Aide II by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. As applicable, North Carolina Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification.
Must successfully pass all required parts of CPI's (Crisis Prevention Institute) Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and maintain required competencies.
IMPORTANT: Nurse Aide I certification is REQUIRED. Enter your current certification in the Certificates and Licenses section of the State Job Application.
Degrees must be from appropriately accredited colleges or universities.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying you when the job has been filled.
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit.
For technical issues with your application, please call the NeoGov Help Line at 855-524-5627. Applicants will be communicated with via email only for updates on the status of their application. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact HR at 252-399-2108.