North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health Care Technician 2 (Columbus County) -- Temporary Solutions
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
- NOTE: PREVIOUS APPLICANTS MUST RE-APPLY DUE TO EXECUTIVE ORDER 93
If you are a current NC State Government employee, you will not be considered for a temporary assignment. Temporary Solutions cannot accommodate dual employment.
Individuals hired into a temporary State job must be fully qualified for the job. OSHR supports the Governor's Job Ready initiative and seeks to expand a temporary's skill set to enhance their qualifications for State government and private sector jobs. Exposure to an agency's culture, process, procedures and potential learning opportunities can provide valuable experience to those who may ultimately seek permanent employment with the state.
This temporary position will be located in Tabor City - Columbus County.
There are no leave or retirement benefits offered. Visit www.nctemporarysolutions.com for employment information.Hourly Rate of Pay: $7.25 to $16.24 (Based on education and/or relevant work experience as indicated on the application)
This temporary position will be assigned to the Department of Public Safety Prisons Central Region Office/Tabor Correctional Institute. This position will conduct medication administration, submit refill requests, assist with medical emergencies, provide medical care with ordered procedures and assist with provider clinics.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
[NOTE: Qualified applicants must meet and CLEARLY reflect on their application training and experience and all knowledge, skills, abilities and any experience or competencies specified in the supplemental question(s) to be considered.]
- Considerable knowledge of nursing methods and techniques in the care of patients.
- Able to carry out KOP medications, nursing care and treatment duties on patients
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions in exact detail in the administration of medications and treatment
- Ability to continue 5 hours of training yearly.
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Completion of high school and completion of a Nursing Assistant II educational program, and one year of experience in direct nursing care; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Special Necessary Requirement - Registration as a Nursing Assistant II by the North Carolina Board of Nursing
- Supplemental and Contact Information
Office of State Human Resources
2321 Crabtree Boulevard, Suite 110
Raleigh, NC 27604