North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health Care Technician 2 (Columbus County) -- Temporary Solutions
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
- NOTE: PREVIOUS APPLICANTS MUST RE-APPLY DUE TO EXECUTIVE ORDER 93
If you are a current NC State Government employee, you will not be considered for a temporary assignment. Temporary Solutions cannot accommodate dual employment.
Individuals hired into a temporary State job must be fully qualified for the job. OSHR supports the Governor's Job Ready initiative and seeks to expand a temporary's skill set to enhance their qualifications for State government and private sector jobs. Exposure to an agency's culture, process, procedures and potential learning opportunities can provide valuable experience to those who may ultimately seek permanent employment with the state.
This posting will be used to fill two temporary positions (37840, 37841) located in Tabor City - Columbus County. There are no leave or retirement benefits offered. Visit www.nctemporarysolutions.com for employment information.
Hourly Rate of Pay: $7.25 to $16.24 (Based on education and/or relevant work experience as indicated on the application)
These temporary positions will be assigned to the Department of Public Safety Central Regional Office-Tabor Correctional Institute. Positions will conduct medication administration, submit refill requests, assist with medical emergencies, assist with medical care with ordered procedures, and assist with provider clinics.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
[NOTE: Qualified applicants must meet and CLEARLY reflect on their application training and experience and all knowledge, skills, abilities and any experience or competencies specified in the supplemental question(s) to be considered.]
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions in exact detail in the administration of medications and treatment
- Considerable knowledge of nursing methods and techniques in the care of patients
- Considerable knowledge of dietetics, sanitation, and personal hygiene
- Considerable knowledge of medical equipment and supplies used in a hospital, infirmary or clinic
- Ability to carry out nursing care and treatment on patients
- Ability to observe patients and to make written and verbal reports to physicians, nurses, and supervisors
- Must have unrestricted NA II.
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
High school or General Educational Development diploma and one year of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Condition for Continued Employment As required, listing as a Nurse Aide I by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation. As applicable, listing as a Nurse Aide II by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. As required by the Department of Public Safety, must be eligible for certification by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Training and Standards Counsel. As applicable, North Carolina Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification.
Special Necessary Requirement - Registration as a Nursing Assistant II by the North Carolina Board of Nursing
- Supplemental and Contact Information
Office of State Human Resources
2321 Crabtree Boulevard, Suite 110
Raleigh, NC 27604