North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HVAC Mechanic I
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
This is a re-post; previous applicants are being considered and do not need to re-apply.
This position is located at Anson Correctional Institution in Polkton, North Carolina. Positions in this class perform the full range of journey work duties associated with the construction, maintenance, and repair of air-conditioning systems and associated air handling, chilled water distribution, and control mechanisms. In addition, positions maintain refrigeration units and their control systems. Work assignments are generally in the form of work orders indicating the nature of the problem. Positions are expected to identify the cause of the problem, determine materials and tools, needed and method of repair, and carry out repair procedures independently on most jobs. The larger, costlier, exceptional, or more complex jobs may be reviewed by a technical supervisor to determine extent of malfunction, to assure that proper work methods are being followed and that work is of acceptable quality. Positions may train new mechanics or supervise the work of helpers.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
Listed below are the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) associated with this position. These KSAs, along with the minimum education and experience listed, are required in order to be deemed 'eligible' for the position. You must demonstrate through documented experience or provide supporting information within the body of your application to demonstrate your possession of ALL • KSAs listed.
- Working knowledge of the practices, methods, materials and equipment used in the operation, maintenance and repair of industrial air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
High school or General Educational Development (GED) diploma and three years of progressive experience in the installation, maintenance or repair of air conditioning chillers, air handling, chilled water distribution and control systems; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Necessary Special Qualifications Requires current certification by the Environmental Protection Agency as a Type I, II, III or Universal technician as required by Title 40, Code of Federal Regulations part 82, subpart F.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
How to Apply: The North Carolina Department of Public Safety (NCDPS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages qualified men and women to apply. North Carolina Department of Public Safety uses the Merit-Based Recruitment and Selection Plan to fill positions subject to the State Personnel Act with the most qualified individuals. Hiring Salary will be based on relevant qualifications, internal equity, and budgetary considerations pertinent to the advertised position.
- Online applications are only accepted through http://oshr.nc.gov/work-for-nc.
- To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the State of North Carolina application. Any information omitted cannot be considered for qualifying credit.
- Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the state application.
- Applicants seeking Veteran's Preference must attach a DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, along with your application.
- During the online application process if additional documentation is required, attach the documentation at the bottom of Step 4 in the application process.
- Degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
The North Carolina Department of Public Safety must adhere to the United States Department of Justice Final Rule on the "National Standards to prevent, Detect, and Respond to Prison Rape" under the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) Standards at 28 C.F.R. Part 115 Docket No. OAG-131 RIN 1105-AB34. Refer to https://ncdps.s3.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/div/AC/Employee_StatementPREA.pdf for hiring and promotion prohibition requirements for all positions in the North Carolina Department of Public Safety.
For technical issues with your application, please call the NeoGov Help Line Toll Free at (855) 524-5627.
If there are any questions specific to this posting you may contact:
Rose M. Cuevas