North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Broughton Hospital
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Broughton Hospital is currently accepting applications for multiple Licensed Clinical Social Worker positions. The Licensed Clinical Social Worker is a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team, which is responsible for care and treatment of patients admitted to the hospital. Responsibilities include performing biopsychosocial assessments and developing treatment plans with other team members.
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker is responsible for working collaboratively to develop a discharge plan with the patient, support system and community resources. This individual is also responsible for providing family and individual interventions, psychosocial education as well as facilitate therapeutic groups. This individual may work with patients that are legally incapable to proceed (ITP), which would include involvement with individual capacity restoration services and liaison work with community legal systems. This position is designated Mandatory and must report or stay over during adverse weather events. Management will consider a trainee (LCSWA), if no fully qualified applicants apply. Applicant must be licensed or licensed eligible.
About the Facility:
Broughton Hospital operates 297 beds and is one of the three regional psychiatric hospitals with statutory responsibility for operating as part of the Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities (DSOHF). With the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, we provide help and support to North Carolinians, and their families, experiencing mental illness. Our hospital serves the western thirty-seven (37) counties of North Carolina, as part of the state's system of care and treatment for persons with mental illness. Construction is currently underway for a new facility that will include 382 beds.
Salary Grade GN12 ; Recruitment Range $46,203.00 - $78,218.00
Trainee Rates: 0 months = $40,642; 12 months = $42,294; 18 months = $43,872; 24 months w/permanent license = $46,203.00.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
- To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified candidates must document on the application that they possess all of the following:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker Associate (LCSWA)
- Documented experience building and developing rapport with persons and families
- Facilitation/Collaboration in the development and implementation of patient centered treatment/care plans within a multi-disciplinary team
- Documented experience working with other disciplines and/or agencies
Management Prefers candidates with the following:
- Documented knowledge of NC Community Mental Health System.
- Experience assessing and treating individuals diagnosed with a mental illnesses, substance use disorder, intellectual developmental disability, or deaf population.
- Proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL)
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Master's degree from an appropriately accredited school of social work. Licensure is required from NC SW Certification and Licensure Board.
Degrees must be from appropriately accredited colleges or universities.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Positions in the Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities shall be subject to pre-employment drug testing and criminal record background checks. Also, the use of tobacco products of any kind including vapor products are prohibited from our campuses. All employees are required to adhere to the facility's Vaccination Policy.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying you when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your application, please call the NeoGov Help Line at 855-524-5627. Applicants will be communicated with via email only for updates on the status of their application. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact HR at 828-433-2469.