North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Practical Nurse
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
- This position is designated Mandatory and must report or stay over during adverse weather events."
This is a repost. Previous applicants are still being considered and do not need to reapply.The primary responsibility of the Licensed Practical Nurse is performing routine duties of a practical nurse in the care and treatment of individuals, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Nurse Supervisor. Job responsibilities include the following:
Salary Grade: GN08
- Participate in nursing assessments
- Provide personal care
- Take routine vital signs, collect specimens, change dressing, deliver breathing treatments, catheter and colostomy care
- Stock supplies
- Administer routine medications and assist the Registered Nurse and Physician as needed
Recruitment Range: $33,960.00 - $46,713.00
Position Repost: 60052886
Work Location: Medical Services
Work Schedule: Day/Evening Rotation working every other weekendAbout the Department of Health and Human Services / Caswell Developmental Center:
The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is one of the largest, most complex agencies in the state, with approximately 18,000 employees. In collaboration with its partners, it is responsible for ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all North Carolinians.
Caswell Developmental Center, serving as North Carolina's Eastern Region resource center, provides specialized residential, programmatic, and support services for individuals with developmental disabilities. The individuals we serve are at the heart of our facility. Our team is critical to the mission of the facility. We strive to create an environment in which every team member contributes to the overall success of the Center to positively impact the lives of those around them and the individuals we service. If you are looking to make a difference and seeking a rewarding career, we encourage you to consider this opportunity. Please click on the following link https://vimeo.com/185000006 to experience how Caring is Contagious at Caswell Developmental Center.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
- To receive credit for all your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified candidates must document on the application that they clearly possess all the following:
- Working knowledge of nursing techniques, procedures, theory and practices;
- Working knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene, basic health and safety practices;
- Working knowledge of proper dosage, effects and contraindications;
- Skill in routine medical procedures to include basic wound care, taking vital signs, checking weights and obtaining specimens;
- Skill in preparing and administering medications, observation and evaluation of individuals' condition(s);
- Possess ability to respond to potentially life-threatening situations in a calm and orderly manner;
- Ability to demonstrate a professional and caring approach; and
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and guardians orally and in written form.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and maintain organization while delivering quality nursing care.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Position requires extended periods of standing, walking and climbing stairs.
- Maximum physical effort may be necessary to provide medication/treatment administration, emergency response and provision of other direct clinical services.
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Licensed to practice as a Practical Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Degrees must be from appropriately accredited colleges or universities.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Positions in the Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities shall be subject to pre-
employment drug testing and criminal record background checks. Also, the use of tobacco products of any kind including vapor products are prohibited from our campuses. All employees are required to adhere to the facility's Vaccination Policy.
The DHHS Division of Human Resources (DHR) follows the State Human Resources Employment of Relatives Policy. Applicants who have relatives or people living in the same household, will not be considered for job vacancies in the DHR at those locations. For a complete definition of immediate family member, please see the State Human Resources Workforce Planning, Recruitment and Selection Policy, Section 2, Page 38.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying you when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your applications, please call the NEOGOV Help Line at 855-524-5627. Applicants will be communicated with, via email only, for updates on the status of their application. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact HR at 919-855-3478.