North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Practical Nurse - Temporary Part - Time
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Pay: up to $20/hour
$20 - $
Job Status: Part Time,Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 2468017
Overall Job Objective
- Description of Work
- This position is designated Mandatory and must report or stay over during adverse weather events.
The Licensed Practical Nurse provides routine practical nursing work in the care and treatment of residents, under supervision of a Registered Nurse or Nurse Supervisor. The LPN participates in nursing assessments, provides direct clinical (nursing) services that includes medication & treatment administration and basic health care. This LPN performs & documents nursing procedures & techniques as prescribed by the physician and outlined in the resident's Person Centered Plan. The LPN carries out the nursing care plan as developed by the RN & may assist in evaluating the outcome of care. The LPN may also assist the RN with assessment of the residents according to the RN's instruction.
Hiring managers are looking to hire through Temporary Solutions, to work at J Iverson Riddle Developmental Center, for the following schedule:
Salary Grade GN08: Recruitment Range $20.00 an hour
Nursing/Lakeside- 29 hours a week - 1st shift (7:00a-3:30p), Monday - Friday and occasional weekends
About J. Iverson Riddle
The J. Iverson Riddle Developmental Center in Morganton, North Carolina is an ICF certified facility for individuals with intellectual disabilities. We provide comprehensive residential care to citizens from 37 counties in the western portion of the state. JIRDC is a caring community where professionals work with people of various ages, cognitive, & functional abilities.
The J. Iverson Riddle Developmental Center is located just an hour from the Queen City of Charlotte, home of the Carolina Panthers and the City of Asheville home to the world renowned Biltmore Estate and Grove Park Inn. Our facility sits on one of the most picturesque properties in Burke County. We are nestled at the foot of the Blue Ridge and South Mountains and just minutes from beautiful Lake James. Nearby Pisgah National Forest offers outdoor adventure and fun for the whole family.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
- To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified applicants must document on the application that they possess all of the following.
- Knowledge of nursing principles & techniques for specific area of practice.
- Ability to successfully complete the DHHS medication exam and ability to independently administer medications & treatments in a timely, accurate manner following the 6 rights.
- Ability to be certified in CPR & NCVIF.
- Ability to provide emergency care.
- Ability to implement the nursing process with limited supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate patience in dealing with residents/families.
- Ability to work as a team player with multi-disciplinary healthcare staff & facility staff.
- Ability to deliver services in an organized, timely & methodical manner.
- Ability to effectively teach nursing staff through orientation & on-the-job training.
- Ability to communicate medical information to residents/families at all levels of understanding using layman's terms within HIPAA guidelines.
- Ability to document subjective and objective data, action taken & plan of care.
- Ability to communicate information to residents, families & staff in a concise and descriptive manner, verbally, in writing, or by demonstration.
Must be able to successfully perform all functions applicable to nursing on the ADA checklist for all nursing positions at JIRDC.
Minimum 1 yr. of hospital experience or long-term care experience is preferred.
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Licensed to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in State of North Carolina.
Degrees must be from appropriately accredited colleges or universities.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) selects applicants for employment based on job-related knowledge, skills, and abilities without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, political affiliation or political influence.
Degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions. Transcripts, degree evaluations and cover letters may be uploaded with your application. Applicants who obtained their education outside of the United States and its territories are expected to assume responsibility for having their academic degrees validated as equivalent to a degree conferred by a regionally accredited college or university in the United States.
Please make sure you complete the application in full. Resumes may be uploaded with your application, but will not be accepted in lieu of a fully completed application and will not be considered for qualifying credit. "See Resume" or "See Attachment" will NOT be accepted.
If multiple applications are submitted to an individual position, only the most recent application received prior to the posting closing date will be accepted. Applications must be submitted by 5:00 PM on the closing date.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the
status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying you when the job has been filled.
Positions in the Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities shall be subject to pre-employment drug testing and criminal record background checks. Also, the use of tobacco products of any kind including vapor products are prohibited from our campuses. All employees are required to adhere to the facility's Vaccination Policy.
For technical issues with your application, please call the NeoGov Help Line at 855-524-5627. Applicants will be communicated with via email only for updates on the status of their application. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact HR at 828-438-6552.