North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pharmacy Technician - Central Regional Hospital
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
- Central Regional Hospital
Where Caring is Contagious!
We are currently recruiting for a Pharmacy Technician at Central Regional Hospital (CRH). The Pharmacy Technician assists a pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical services to the patients of Central Regional Hospital, RJ Blackely-ADATC and Whitaker PRTF. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides primary support in processing, preparing and filling medication orders within the Central Regional Hospital Pharmacy.
- Operate several different pharmacy computer systems to complete assigned duties.
- Work is done primarily in the pharmacy and on the nursing patient care units under the direct technical supervision of a pharmacist.
This is a full-time position and eligible for the full State benefits package including health insurance and retirement. The working hours are primary on second shift from 12:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. or 1:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.; with occasional responsibilities for first and third shift; however, flexibility is required to meet to meet hospital needs. Weekend responsibilities are 1 weekend in a 4-weekend rotation for first or second shift. Also work 1 to 3 Holidays recognized by the State of North Carolina per year.
Salary Grade: GN05
Recruitment Range: $31,200 - $42,503
Position: 60043600; 60043595
About the Department of Health and Human Services / Central Regional Hospital:
The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is one of the largest, most complex agencies in the state, with approximately 18,000 employees. In collaboration with its partners, it is responsible for ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all North Carolinians.
CRH is a State-of-the Art psychiatric hospital located in Butner, NC. Our location is ideal with four seasons, mild temperatures and provides an easy commute to the N.C. mountains or beaches. Butner possesses small town charm but is within 30 minutes of a major metropolitan area including Research Triangle Park, Raleigh, Chapel Hill, and Durham, NC. The people we serve are at the heart of our facility. Our team is critical to the mission of the hospital. We strive to create an environment in which every team member contributes to the overall success of the hospital to positively impact the lives of those around them and the individuals we serve.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
- To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified candidates must document on the application that they clearly possess all of the following:
Physical requirements will be discussed during the interview process but include standing for long periods of time and must be able to walk throughout the hospital several times per shift.
- Knowledge and able to operate standard computer software.
- Knowledge and able to operate pharmaceutical technological automation software (Carousels, Outpatient Robots, Bar-Code stations, Automated Tablet Counting machines, Automated Dispensing Units (i.e. Omnicell, Pyxis) and Secure Vault).
- General knowledge of medical and pharmacy terminology, pharmaceuticals used on formulary and general operations of the pharmacy.
- Ability to meet daily and monthly deadlines and be an effective communicator.
- Must be registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the NC Board of Pharmacy prior to employment.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Experience working in a hospital pharmacy department.
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Completion of an accredited nine-month Pharmacy Technician program;
High school diploma or General Educational Development diploma and one year of pharmacy-related experience;
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
As required: Registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the NC Board of Pharmacy.
Degrees must be from appropriately accredited colleges or universities.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Positions in the Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities shall be subject to pre-employment drug testing and criminal record background checks. Also, the use of tobacco products of any kind including vapor products are prohibited from our campuses. All employees are required to adhere to the facility's Vaccination Policy.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying you when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your application, please call the NeoGov Help Line at 855-524-5627. Applicants will be communicated with via email only for updates on the status of their application. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact HR at 919-764-7200.