North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physician/Part-Time (Buncombe County) -- TEMPORARY SOLUTIONS
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
NOTE: PREVIOUS APPLICANTS MUST RE-APPLY DUE TO EXECUTIVE ORDER 93
If you are a current NC State Government employee, you will not be considered for a temporary assignment. Temporary Solutions cannot accommodate dual employment.
Individuals hired into a temporary State job must be fully qualified for the job. OSHR supports the Governor's Job Ready initiative and seeks to expand a temporary's skill set to enhance their qualifications for State government and private sector jobs. Exposure to an agency's culture, process, procedures and potential learning opportunities can provide valuable experience to those who may ultimately seek permanent employment with the state.
This part-time temporary position is located in Black Mountain - Buncombe County. There are no leave, medical insurance or retirement benefits offered. Visit www.nctemporarysolutions.com for employment information.
Hourly Rate of Pay: $85.00 - $100.00 (Based on education and years of relevant work experience reflected on the application)
Average 29 hours per work week
This part-time temporary position will be assigned to the Department of Health & Human Services - DSOHF - Julian F. Keith - ADATC/Medical. The staff physician provides advanced and/or specialized treatment services to assigned patients in an Acute Care Unit (ACU) and/or in the Acute Rehabilitation Services (ARS) at JFK-ADATC. They consistently provide high quality medical services and may be frequently called upon to solve difficult medical problems and to work on special projects. Work may include providing guidance and review of work performed by other staff physicians. In addition, they provide ongoing supervision of all clinical services performed by the physician extenders on their assigned unit. In the absence of the Medical Director, they may infrequently be required to fulfill the role of Acting Medical Director of JFK-ADATC. They practice independently, professionally and in a responsible manner. Finally, they will maintain awareness of all active medical problems for their assigned patients and provides direct primary medical treatment including consultation and training as required.
Direct Patient Care
- Provides high quality medical treatment to assigned patients in a prompt and compassionate manner.
- Demonstrates sound clinical judgment to positively affect patient outcomes.
- Conducts thorough patient physical examinations and provides patient diagnosis and treatment per professional guidelines and community standard of care.
- Compiles histories of present and past illnesses; reviews available records; performs physical examinations; orders laboratory and x-ray examinations.
- Obtains collateral information and reviews reports developed by other physicians, psychologists, nurses, social workers, counselors and other healthcare professionals.
- When assigned, is actively engaged in the treatment team process for assigned patients (as evidenced by regular attendance, prompt arrival, engaged in the process, prepared for discussion before the treatment team begins).
- Effectively collaborates with other clinical and non-clinical personnel and other associated departments on campus, providing essential interactive synergy, including but not limited to "hand-off communication" from one colleague to another.
- Communicates to patient(s), staff and patient's family in a prompt, respectful, courteous, caring and compassionate manner while adhering to HIPAA, State and Federal regulations regarding patient confidentiality.
- Reviews and cosigns medical charts of patients whom the physician extenders have seen.
- Attends all required professional and facility training including but not limited to the following: CPR, Annual Reviews, Motivational Interviewing, CPI, etc.
- Completes required continuing medical education in order to maintain medical license and/or specific certification.
- Possesses or is eligible to apply for X-DEA license and NC Drug Control Unit to provide Medication Assisted Treatment.
- Serves as an educational preceptor for the clinical staff including:
- Responding to questions/consultations of the JFK staff
- Planning and teaching in-services
- Developing and approving medical protocols, handouts and clinical standards
- Assisting in expanding the competencies of the clinical staff
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
[NOTE: Qualified applicants must meet and CLEARLY reflect on their application training and experience and all knowledge, skills, abilities and any experience or competencies specified in the supplemental question(s) to be considered.]
- Knowledge of alcohol and other drug dependence disorders and medical skills in differential diagnosis, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to teach and to work on interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to apply knowledge regarding medicine, primary care-level psychiatric/mental health care, psychopharmacology; diagnostic classification according to the current DSM Manual
- Consistently meet the standards and guidelines of regulatory agencies to include but not be limited to The Joint Commission; CMS, and knowledgeable about relevant practice guidelines as promulgated by American Psychiatric Association (APA), American Academy of Family Physicians/American College of Physicians; and the center's Medical Staff By-Laws, policies and procedures
- Possess the ability to foster and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues, staff, and administration
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Licensed to practice medicine in the state of North Carolina.
This is a generalized representation of positions in this class and is not intended to identify essential functions per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Examples of work are primarily essential functions of the majority of positions in this class, but may not be applicable to all positions.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
Office of State Human Resources
2321 Crabtree Blvd., Suite 110
Raleigh, NC 27604