North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
- PsychiatristRecruitment Range: $230,000.00 - $281,799.00
Broughton Hospital is currently recruiting permanent full-time Psychiatrists for multiple positions. Our 24 hour in-patient facility serves adolescent, adult, deaf, and geriatric patients. The Psychiatrist will provide inpatient psychiatric care for patients at Broughton Hospital and serves as team lead for multi-disciplinary teams to ensure quality patient care/treatment.
Please click on the following video to learn more about this position from a current Broughton Hospital Psychiatrist https://vimeo.com/254033931.
Job responsibilities include:
The normal work hours for this position are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. including on-call; however, flexible work schedule will be considered. This position is mandatory to the Adverse Weather Policy which will be discussed during the interview process.
- Initial psychiatric assessments.
- Establishing diagnoses and formulating treatment plans and recommendations.
- Medication Management including psychotropic drug reviews for the SPMI population.
- Participating on or leading a multidisciplinary team that includes psychology, social work, pharmacy, nursing and other therapeutic disciplines.
- Managing the day-to-day responsibilities of an inpatient unit to include documentation of progress, court papers and education of patients and families.
- Consultation with outside medical staff as indicated.
In addition to a very competitive salary, this opportunity offers an excellent benefits package, loan repayment opportunities (must meet eligibility requirements), employment stability and rewarding professional opportunities. We offer a wide variety of excellent benefit options. For information regarding State benefits, please visit https://oshr.nc.gov/state-employee-resources/benefits.
If you are looking to make a difference and seeking a rewarding career, we encourage you to consider this opportunity.
About the Facility:
Broughton Hospital operates 297 beds and is one of the three regional psychiatric hospitals with statutory responsibility for operating as part of the Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities (DSOHF). With the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, we provide help and support to North Carolinians, and their families, experiencing mental illness. Our hospital serves the western thirty-seven (37) counties of North Carolina, as part of the state's system of care and treatment for persons with mental illness.
Salary Grade MG15 ; Recruitment Range $230,000.00 - $281,799.00
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
- To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified candidates must document on the application that they possess all of the following:
- Professional experience leading and collaborating on an interdisciplinary team to provide integrated, comprehensive patient care.
- Graduation from an accredited medical school and completion of psychiatry residency (or anticipated completion before job commencement).
- Professional knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients, as credentialed by the Medical Staff.
Board Certification in Psychiatry
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Licensed to practice medicine in the State of North Carolina.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The North Carolina Office of Rural Health (ORH) offers qualifying providers either Student Loan Repayment (NC Loan Repayment Program) or a Service Bonus (NC High Needs Service Bonus) in exchange for providing comprehensive primary care services in eligible facilities serving those with high need. For more information on eligibility requirements, contact Clint Cresawn at 919-527-6496, or toll free at 1-800-533-8847.
Positions in the Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities shall be subject to pre-employment drug testing and criminal record background checks. Also, the use of tobacco products of any kind including vapor products are prohibited from our campuses. All employees are required to adhere to the facility's Vaccination Policy.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying you when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your application, please call the NeoGov Help Line at 855-524-5627. Applicants will be communicated with via email only for updates on the status of their application. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact HR at 828-608-4136.