North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
This position is designated Mandatory and must report or stay over during adverse weather events.
This is a reposting; previous applicants do not need to reapply to be considered. After the posting closes all qualified candidates will be reviewed.
A Registered Nurse position is available on Third Shift at the Black Mountain Neuro-Medical Treatment Center in Black Mountain, NC.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- identifying and assessing residents needs.
- administering medications and treatments as directed by a physician.
- working closely with medical staff in providing quality medical care.
- functioning an integral part of the nursing team, which serves to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the care planning process.
- serving as a "charge nurse" – overseeing daily nursing care, consisting of coordinating all licensed and non-licensed staff duties, in accordance with Board of Nursing delegation and responsibilities.
SALARY GRADE: GN12
RECRUITMENT RANGE: $46,203 - $78,218 ANNUALLY
POSITION NUMBER: 60049726
ABOUT BLACK MOUNTAIN NEURO-MEDICAL TREATMENT CENTER (BMNTC):
BMNTC provides services and support to individuals and families affected by lifelong disabilities and by Alzheimer's Disease.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
We are a specialized long-term care facility that enhances the quality of life and maintains the dignity of persons with developmental disorders and specialized dementia whose needs exceed the resources available in the community by providing respectful, individualized, compassionate and quality care.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
To receive credit for all your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified applicants must document on the application that they possess all of the following:
- Knowledge of professional principles and theory of nursing and its application.
- Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations governing the provision of nursing care.
- Ability to administer medication/treatment per doctors orders.
- Ability to delegate and make assignments.
- Ability to communicate information to residents, families and staff in a concise and descriptive manner, verbally, in writing or by demonstration.
- Ability to appropriately respond to emergency situations.
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of North Carolina.
Degrees must have been granted by appropriately accredited institutions.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
North Carolina State Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Positions in the Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities shall be subject to pre-employment drug testing and criminal record background checks. Also, the use of tobacco products of any kind including vapor products are prohibited from our campuses. All employees are required to adhere to the facility's Vaccination Policy.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an e-mail notifying you when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your applications, please call the NEO GOV Help Line at 855-524-5627. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact HR at (828) 259-6733.