North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
**This is a repost, previous applicants will still be considered and do not need to reapply.**
The Registered Nurse position is responsible to perform inpatient treatment, psychiatric stabilization for perinatal individuals with substance use and other co-occurring psychiatric diagnosis, for ongoing community-based treatment and recovery. The Registered Nurse develops nursing care plans based on diagnosis, identified patient problems and independently carries out the nursing process. Job responsibilities include the following:
- Providing direct patient care to the patients such as monitoring physical status, vital signs, nurse triage assessments, and monitoring patients for physical and psychological changes.
- Administers medications as prescribed and monitors for side effects of medication. Educates patients on medications dispensed.
- Collaborates with the Treatment Team and participates in the treatment planning process. Provides individualized patient information gathered in the assessment process to access patient needs and responses to treatment.
- Serves as Charge Nurse in the absence of the Nurse Supervisor guiding and instructing Licensed Practical Nurses and Health Care Technicians in policies and procedures as it relates to the Nursing Department.
Positions will be assigned to Woodside Treatment Center and the typical scheduled will be 6:45 pm - 7:15 am on a two-week rotating 48/36 schedule.
About the Walter B. Jones Center:
The Walter B. Jones Center operates two adult inpatient treatment programs on site in Greenville, NC: (1) Woodside Treatment Center and (2) Lakeside Psychiatric Hospital. The primary purpose and mission of the Walter B. Jones Center is "To provide inpatient treatment, psychiatric stabilization and medical detoxification for individuals with mental health, substance use and other co-occurring psychiatric diagnoses for ongoing community based treatment and recovery". The Center is accredited by the Joint Commission and SAMHSA/CSAT. Two specialty programs are offered to all 100 NC Counties: (1) Inpatient Opioid Treatment for adults and (2) Inpatient Perinatal Services for women in their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd trimesters with substance use disorders.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified candidates must document on the application that they possess all of the following:
- Knowledge of professional principles, practices and theory of nursing and its application.
- Knowledge of medications and the physiological effect of those medications.
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team, skill in delegation and making assignments.
- Demonstrates patients in dealing with patients, clients, and families.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate information to patients, families and staff in a concise and descriptive manner, verbally, in writing or by demonstration.
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of North Carolina.
Degrees must be from appropriately accredited colleges or universities.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Positions in the Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities shall be subject to pre-employment drug testing and criminal records background checks. Also, the use of tobacco products of any kind including vapor products are prohibited from our campuses. All employees are required to adhere to the facility's Vaccination Policy.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check to status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying you when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your application, please call the NeoGov Help Line at 855-524-5627. Applicants will be communicated with via email only for updates on the status of their application. If there are any other questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact HR.