North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
**This is a repost; previous applicants need to reapply to be considered for this position.**
Salary range (based on average 20 hours per work week and on education and/or years of relevant work experience reflected on the application): Salary Range $17,079- $31,689.
The part-time permanent Rehab Counselor position is located at WorkSource West. This position serves individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing and/or deaf/blind within several of the seventeen counties in the catchment area to assist them to prepare for, obtain, retain, or advance in employment. Assigned service area will be dependent upon the business need of the individuals served by the team.
The selected applicant is accountable for the design and implementation of a comprehensive plan of vocational rehabilitation services for persons with disabilities.
Job responsibilities include the following:
Travel within assigned area will be required.
- Evaluate diagnostic data to determine eligibility and needed services
- Provide services within the context of a guidance and counseling relationship
- Provide supportive counseling and monitor the individual's progress
- Work directly with community partners in order to enhance employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities
- Assist consumers in becoming suitably employed
- Appropriately document service delivery according to agency policy in the case management system
*In order to be considered for this position you must attach a copy of your transcripts.*
Salary Grade: GN10
Recruitment Range: $17,079- $25,000.00
If no suitable candidates are found at the Rehabilitation Counselor level, this position will be filled as a Rehabilitation Counselor Trainee. Salary for Rehabilitation Counselor Trainee is $17,079/part-time. Duties and responsibilities as a Rehabilitation Counselor Trainee are non-independent and are supervised by the Unit Manager or designee. If applying as Rehabilitation Counselor Trainee, candidate will be required to attain a Master's degree in Rehabilitation Counseling.
The DHHS Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (DVRS) promotes employment and independence for persons with disabilities through customer partnership and community leadership.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the
application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will
not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified candidates must document on the application
that they possess all of the following:
Please refer to the link below for additional information
If your Master's degree is in a field other than Rehabilitation Counseling, your application must explicitly demonstrate that you possess the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities listed below:
- In-depth knowledge of casework methodology and techniques of rehabilitation counseling
- Knowledge of federal and state laws governing the delivery of rehabilitation or independent living services
- Demonstrated ability to interpret medical and psychological data in planning and developing rehabilitative services
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with consumers, family members, and various professional and specialty services involved in the rehabilitation process
- Demonstrated ability to network and communicate effectively with area employers and/or community agencies through excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficiency in sign language, both receptive and expressive, and knowledge of issues related to deafness and hearing impairments
- Case management skills and experience in providing services to individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing and/or deaf/blind
- Certification as a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Master's degree in rehabilitation counseling from an appropriately accredited institution;
A master's degree in a related human services field from an appropriately accredited institution;
Current certification as a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor by the Commission of Rehabilitation Counselor Certification.
Rehabilitation Counselor Trainee: Graduation from a four-year college or university with a four-year degree in a related human service field as defined above.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
In collaboration with our partners, the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services provides essential services to improve the health, safety and well-being of all North Carolinians.
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The DHHS Division of Human Resources (DHR) follows the State Human Resources Employment of Relatives Policy. Applicants who have relatives or people living in the same household, will not be considered for job vacancies in the DHR at those locations. For a complete definition of immediate family member, please see the State Human Resources Workforce Planning, Recruitment and Selection Policy, Section 2, Page 38.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying you when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your application, please call the NeoGov Help Line at
855-524-5627. Applicants will be communicated with via email only for updates on the status of their application. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact HR at 919-855-3517.