North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Server Support Analyst
at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Description of Work
Salary Grade: IT06
Recruitment Range: $61,972.00 - $74,401.00
The Department of Information Technology (DIT) serves as the Technology Center for the State of NC. Services that DIT provides reach a client base of state and local government agencies, as well as schools, colleges and universities, and the general public. This Systems Analyst I position is a member of the NC Department of Public Safety Information Technology Division and is part of the technology team that supports one of NC State Government's most comprehensive Public Safety and Correctional data center environments. The position provides business technical support, systems administration, and end user consultation and guidance for NCDPS facilities across the state.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage Microsoft Exchange related backups and replications.
- Monitor and analyze backup performance issues and provide recommendations.
- Perform Hypervisors, such as ESX and Hyper-V installations and configurations.
- Create and modify end user documentation as the product changes emerge.
- Server Hardware installations and configurations.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
To receive credit for your work experience and credentials, you must document on your application that you possess all of the following:
- Documented experience in managing Microsoft Exchange systems.
- Documented experience in troubleshooting backup performance issues using tape and disk technologies.
- Documented experience in Hypervisor installation and configuration of VMWare and other products.
- Documented experience in using power shell for automation.
- Documented experience in installing server hardware.
- Experience with MCSA - Win Server 2012 or newer.
- Experience with MCSA - Cloud Platforms.
- Experience with VMWare - VCA.
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related field from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of progressive experience in systems software programming;
or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supplemental and Contact Information
To apply for this position, please click the "Apply" link above (on the Government Jobs website) or visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/Applications/Index/northcarolina to complete an on-line application.
The Department of Information Technology will not accept "See Resume" or inserted text resumes in lieu of all work experience and education completed on the application.
Applicants applying for positions that require specific coursework, must upload and attach a copy of the transcript with their application.
Applicants seeking Veteran's Preference must answer "Yes" to the appropriate questions on the application regarding Veteran status and upload and attach a DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty with their application.
Employment at DIT is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
DIT is an Equal Opportunity and Merit-Based Employer.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log into your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying you when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your Neogov account, contact Neogov Helpline at 855-524-5627.
NC DIT Human Resources
Phone No. 919-754-6324
Fax No. 919-981-5051