Nuance Communications, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ACI Field Services Engineer
at Nuance Communications, inc.
- Job ID
- Customer Service / Support - All Openings
- Pos. Type
- Full Time
- Employee Referral Bonus
- $2,500 USD/Equivalent
- Hiring Manager
- Adam Zimmer
- Michelle Franz
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Summary: Nuance’s Ambient Clinical Intelligence (ACI) is a technology-enabled service which provides physicians with an effortless clinical documentation solution, freeing them to spend more time with patients and less time with computers. Our solution changes the lives of doctors and patients, and our close-knit team is dedicated to a mission of making healthcare functional and efficient. Our technology is rapidly shifting and growing, creating an opportunity for you to impact the future of healthcare technology.
We are seeking a Field Services Engineer who will coordinate beta testing of mobile app releases with customers and support the rollout of a proprietary hardware device used to record patient encounters in health clinics. This is a full-time position based at our 4th floor office space at WeWork in downtown Durham. The position will require occasional domestic travel to support installations and provide maintenance and support for customers.
You might be a fit if you are:
- Passionate about healthcare technology and have a deep desire to impact the future of healthcare
- Highly organized and process oriented with strong attention to detail
- Tech savvy with the drive and ability to quickly learn new skills
- A creative problem solver who can diagnose and solve technical problems with minimal reference documentation
• Partner with Engineering and Operations to coordinate customer beta testing of new mobile app releases
• Perform acoustic testing, take accurate room impulse response measurements, document 360-degree photos for accurate device development and installation
• Travel to customer sites (hospitals and clinics) to install, update, troubleshoot and maintain hardware recording devices
• Assist customers with device support remotely (phone and email) and on-site
• Prepare detailed bug reports and submit feedback to Engineering and Product teams based on customer interactions
• Manage a small inventory of smartphones, hardware devices and accessories, and ensure that the Onboarding team has appropriate devices available and configured for all new customer onboardings
• Establish standard processes and documentation for device setup, hardware installation, maintenance and troubleshooting
• Assist with the design and implementation of systems to support the execution of standard processes and management of hardware devices
• Update customer and internal stakeholders on progress
• Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 2+ years' of related experience
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Experience setting up, supporting and configuring iPhone settings
• Proven skill at troubleshooting intra-connected complex systems
• Experience creating, updating and following standard processes
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Clear and professional written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to travel domestically up to 25% of the time
• Clean driving record and ability to travel to customer clinics via rented or personal car
• Experience installing physical and supporting hardware devices at customer sites
• Experience working in a healthcare clinic or hospital
• Experience with Salesforce
• Experience with Audacity
Education: BA/BS degree in a Technical subject, or equivalent experience.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.