Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Small Business Development Officer SBA Lending - National Lending (National)
at PacWest Bancorp
Duties shall include, but not be limited to SBA 7 (a)/504, sourcing opportunities, negotiating and issuing term sheets and assisting in the preparation of internal memoranda for deal approval. This will include analysis of business financials to qualify loan opportunities and gathering of items necessary to satisfy Minimum Critical Loan Submission Requirements. It will also be necessary to work with the processing team to provide a clear understanding of the transaction structure as well as borrower expectations and business needs. The work location for this position is open.
- Establishing new relationships and also fostering existing relationships with referral sources
- Sourcing new transactions, which may include attending trade shows and events to promote the Small Business Lending Group
- Assisting in the initial pre-screening and structuring of transactions
- Communicating with contacts and internal team on a regular basis regarding deal status
- Working closely with Underwriting and Closing on establishing the proper structure and lending parameters of submitted transactions
- Successful candidate will be comfortable generating SBA 7 (a)/504 business, self-sourcing leads and operating independently.
- Diligent time management and outreach, prospecting through developing circles of influence in the market
- 5 – 7 years of Small Business lending 7 (a)/504 experience with a finance company/bank required
- Experienced and knowledgeable in origination SBA 7a loan products
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent years of work experience
- Strong analytical skills, ability to spread financials, understand P & L and Balance sheets
- Strong technical and documentation skills
- Relationship-building capabilities
- Ability to generate 65% to 75% of SBA 7 (a)/504 loan volume in immediate markets (generally within 4 hours drive time from their office)
- Possesses a level of credit skills to determine an appropriate loan structure and is able to assess credit risk of a potential customer
- Ability to learn and embrace technology that is utilized in the organization process