Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Fitness Instructor Hillsborough
at Planet Fitness
- 12-Jul-2019 to 18-Jan-2020 (EST)
- Hillsborough Trainer
- Hillsborough, NC, USA
- $12.50/hour after probationary period
- Full Time
Planet Fitness is looking for a Fitness Instructor to become a part of the fastest growing fitness chain in the industry!
Looking for an outgoing and personable individual to instruct new members in groups of 4-5 on how to perform basic exercises.
If you are looking to gain experience and become part of a team atmosphere, this is perfect for you
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Observe participants and inform them of corrective measures necessary for skill improvement;
• Instruct participants in maintaining exertion levels to maximize benefits from exercise routines;
• Teach proper breathing techniques used during physical exertion;
• Evaluate individuals' abilities, needs, and physical conditions, and develop suitable training programs to meet any special requirements;
• Monitor participants' progress and adapt programs as needed;
• Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations governing sports, recreational activities, and the use of exercise equipment;
• Administer emergency first aid, wrap injuries, treat minor chronic disabilities, or refer injured persons to physicians.
• Must be able to work with small groups of people
• Ability to stand and/or walk for an entire shift;
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds from ground to overhead up to 30 minutes of workday (i.e., assisting in stocking/maintaining inventory levels) with appropriate safety equipment;
• Ability to occasionally bend at waist with some twisting up to one hour of workday;
• At least 2 years of Face To Face Retail Customer Service experience normally gained from Hotel Front Desk, Or Waiter / Waitress Experience
• A High School Diploma Or Equivalent required
• An Associates Degree preferred
• Personal training certification
• CPR, AED and First Aid certification preferred
The job requirements list is not a complete description of responsibilities, but the list reflects the general qualifications, duties and/or responsibilities necessary to perform this position. The Company reserves the right to revise the job description when circumstances are necessary for reasons like, but not limited to, new systems, technical developments, emergencies, work-load and/or personnel changes.
Applicants must be willing to work the following schedule : Monday - Friday. No Weekends!