Ply Gem industries
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll Team Lead
at Ply Gem industries
- Job ID
- # Positions
Administer computerized multi-state payroll system for all Company associates; including the preparation, processing, and transmission and/or interface to outside provider. Download and verify journal entries and bank reconciliations monitor and set up spreadsheet for multi-state and provincial tax filings, quarterly 941 filings, and other filings as legally required or appropriate for United States and Canadian payrolls. Update payroll tables and general ledge updates as deemed necessary. Manage team metrics. Assists the Payroll Director with daily activities and special projects as assigned. This position will be responsible for the overall training and effectiveness of the department in meeting daily and monthly goals.
Additionally will lead the staff and develop processes, while ensuring adherence to existing processes. The payroll lead will be responsible to recommend corrective actions to management where necessary.
- Administer the computerized multi-state and provincial payrolls for all Company associates.
- Maintain accurate payroll records for all associates, ensuring regulatory compliance at all times; conduct audits as required.
- Compile, prepare, and ensure accuracy of information for various reports/billings as required. Meet established report deadlines.
- Assist in communication of pertinent information to associates regarding payroll or program changes.
- Assist Payroll Director with daily activities and special projects as assigned, including compilation of data, data analysis and report preparation/generation.
- Maintain professional demeanor in dealing with critical/confidential information; restricts discussion/knowledge of activity to a "need to know" basis.
- Act as a resource regarding payroll questions, information, etc.
- Assists with writing and assures adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Write reports and analyze data as needed.
- Assist with payroll audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school graduate supplemented by appropriate college level coursework required. CPP preferred.
Minimum of five years full charge experience processing manual or computerized payrolls for United States and Canada; PeopleSoft and/or ADP preferred. General knowledge of payroll journal entries and tax filings for the United States and Canada needed to support field partners and third party vendors. Minimum two years experience working in human resources or accounting department at an administrative level preferred. The payroll lead must be familiar with Canada Revenue Services payroll guidelines including the processing of ROEs and T4s.
Effective oral and written communications skills to fulfill customer service requirements. Proficiency in personal computers/word processing, excel spreadsheets/databases, and relevant software packages required. Strong work ethic and ability to work effectively in a fast paced team work environment.
The payroll lead must be confidential in dealing with critical associate/department/company information.