PM Hotel Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Banquet,Setup/Houseman, Sheraton Raleigh Hotel
at PM Hotel Group
To manually set up, break down, and service all meeting rooms in accordance with PMHS’s high standards of quality.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Communicate with supervisor throughout shift to be aware of work required.
• Set up all meeting rooms to the specifications of the guest. This includes considerable physical activity in transporting awkward and heavy materials such as staging, tables, chairs, dance floors, etc., from storage area to meeting rooms. Move all equipment in a safe manner.
• Supply and replenish meeting rooms with clean glasses and fresh water.
• Break down all meeting rooms when meetings have concluded and return items to storage closet so the room will be available to be reset for the next function.
• Maintain established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and ballrooms so the rooms stay presentable at all times. Vacuum each meeting room after use.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
• Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Knowledge of various types of equipment and set-up styles used in the meeting rooms. For example: different table types (round, schoolroom, etc.). Ability to lift and move multiple tables and chairs and podiums weighing up to 100 lbs. through a crowded room. This position requires considerable physical activity on a continuous basis throughout the shift for room set up and break down. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 500 lbs.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PMHS staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PMHS associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PMHS. Every PMHS associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.