Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Progress Residential
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Property Operations - Non Management - Leasing
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 30,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new executive leadership, including the recent appointment of Charles “Chaz” Mueller to Chief Executive Officer. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and regional offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Leasing Specialist is responsible for delivering the Progress Customer Service experience as they guide prospective and future residents to finding their next home. The Leasing Specialist is responsible for ensuring that prospective and future residents that have expressed interest in leasing a home have the information needed to make an informed decision to view and lease a Progress Residential home. The Leasing Specialist will ensure that homes they are responsible for are marketed, branded, and catalogued with accuracy and meet the Progresss Residential standards.
- Acts as a knowledgable guide for prospective and future residents to provide accurate information on viewing, applying, and moving into a Progress Residential home
- Manages and updates a database of prospective and future residents
- Documents interactions with prospective residents
- Meets or exceeds monthly move-in goals
- Ensures quick and timely follow up with all assigned prospective and future residents
- Directs prospective residents in finding additional homes of interest to lease from Progress Residential
- Acts as a liason with Renovations, Turns, and Service to ensure home ready dates are accurately advertised to prospective and future residents
- Monitors customer feedback regarding home appearance and leaseability
- Cleans lights to ensure asset shows well and is prepared for new resident/s
- Ensures that exterior of the house is clean and ready for move-in by removing small trash, picking up and discarding fruit fallen off trees and bushes, and using landscape shears to remove unsightly twigs, branches, or weeds as necessary
- Sweeps front sidewalks or patios
- Changes locks or rekeys existing smart locks, as needed
- Colloborates with team for any needed solutions to help lease home
- Verifies accuracy of photos and descriptions of listed homes to attract interested residents.
- Identifies and communicates any areas of concern with assigned homes that are in a Long Standing Vacant status
- Installs/verifies curated home materials at homes that are available to lease
- Verifies available homes are able to easily be viewed by our prospective and future residents in person and online
- Catalogues and verifies unique home characteristics and ensures they are documented in Salesforce
- Assists in ensuring future residents application documents are completed, lease has been signed, and all move-in monies have been collected prior to the move-in date
- Provides area amenities information that aid in leasing homes to residents
- Communicates information and methods with cross-functional team members
- Follows terms of Fair Housing, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the American Disabilities Act, and all other applicable laws
- Maintains an active real estate license
- Participates in Market Resident Contact Programs, using telephone, email and text, as required
- Acts as a knowledgable guide for agents not employed with Progress Residential to provide accurate information on viewing, applying, and moving into a Progress Residential home listed on the MLS
- Assists in performing new resident orientation for assigned move-ins
- Sets expectation with new residents on their responsibilities as a Progress Residential Resident, as well as the Company’s responsibility to them
- Orients new resident to their home; reviews Resident Guide; and provides key information on rental payment options, service request submissions, and local contact information
- Verifies government issued identification of resident at move-in or designated person per company policy
- Ensures required move-in inspection documentation (including photographs) is completed with accuracy, submitted for review and filing to supervisor and uploaded into Salesforce in a timely manner
- Performs occupancy checks as needed on homes suspected of scam/fraud, skip or on eviction; to include taking photos and communicating home status to APOD/LM/PA
- Driven and motivated to perform with incentive based pay
- Active Real Estate license required in state where working
- High School graduate or GED required
- Must have reliable transportation
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Experience in customer service or service type business required
- Maintain valid car insurance at all times
- Knowledge of local area preferred
- Some knowledge of home maintenance is beneficial
- Capability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work without direct supervision and stay on task
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.