Radio One Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
On-Air Talent (Part-Time)
at Radio One Inc
- On Air
- Off Air
- Professional Development
Objectives (by Responsibility)
- To ensure that appropriate continuity is maintained at all times while on the air. This includes:
- Programming links
- Set-ups and Transitions (music identification to co-host, or any pre-taped items etc.).
2. To appropriately re-enforce the radio station identity and program at all times. This includes:
- Station call letters
- Positioning statements
- Creative Hooks
- Cross Promotion
- Back sells.
- Social Media for both the radio station and the on air talent’s brand
- To professionally (consistently appropriate) deliver all relevant information on an ongoing basis. This includes:
- Time checks
- Temperature checks
- Event Information .
Music Knowledge and Appreciation
- To competently (effectively & efficiently) display your knowledge and enthusiasm about and for the music that is played. This includes:
- In-depth knowledge of the music being played
- Understanding listener’s tastes
- Staying in touch with music and all related issues (research, analysis etc.).
- To contribute and support the creation of the show on a daily basis. This includes:
- Participation in weekly post-mortem and planning meeting
- Participation in daily pre-show content prep.
- To appropriately implement all assigned duties from the producer on a daily basis. This includes:
- Pre-show and live interviews
- Contribution to comedy skits
- Writing scripts
- Attending Press conferences, functions and events
- Researching background material.
- To ensure that all relevant material for the show is competently prepared on a daily basis. This includes:
- Assigned promotion mentions
- Reviewing commercial logs for live tags
- Scanning daily newspaper for any relevant items
- Reviewing promo cards for possible on air use etc.
- To professionally (consistently appropriate) and competently (effectively & efficiently) appear in public when and where required on an ongoing basis. This includes:
- Participation in station remote broadcasts
- Preparation as required
- Representation at charity events, community events etc.
- Create and post original on-line content that meets company standards on social networking.
- And other new developing platforms
- Content must be a combination of written blog posts, video blogs and photo galleries.
- To attend all relevant skill building workshops as requested.
- To stay current with all relevant industry information as it applies to the overall job responsibility.
- To drive your own Performance Appraisal every twelve months.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each main responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/ or Experience
One to Three years of on air commercial radio experience.
To have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret and write business correspondence. Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public .
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* Professionalism is described as being consistently appropriate in all situations and at all times.
*Competence is defined as using “effectiveness and efficiency” in equal measure at all times.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer