Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Manager, Platform Technical Support
at Red Hat
- Job ID
- Technical Support
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Red Hat's Platform Support Delivery team is looking for an Associate Manager to join our North American Support Center in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will be a member of the technical support leadership team, translating the goals and strategies of the Customer Experience and Engagement (CEE) team into scalable architectures that will provide outstanding business value and user experience to our customers. You'll manage a team of technical support engineers, helping them meet customer-centric organizational goals. You’ll recommend and implement support workflows and allocate engineers to troubleshoot and solve enterprise customer issues. As an Associate Manager, you’ll need to be able to foster teamwork among a diverse group of support engineers and work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Primary job responsibilities
- Serve as a management point of contact, coordinating support for customer inquiries
- Deliver exceptional customer experience to internal and external customers
- Collaborate with support engineers, internal teams, and external parties during the problem resolution process
- Provide daily operational leadership and management to a technical team of up to 20 technical support engineers in North America
- Deliver a consistent team outcome through leadership of strategic changes
- Manage customer escalations with highly technical support requests from enterprise customers
- Foster teamwork and cross-functional collaboration between technical support, engineering, product management, sales, and professional services teams and customers to achieve a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Provide personal mentorship, direction, and skills evaluation to team members to maximize individual engagement and develop quality and depth of technical and management skills
- Develop and administer schedules and performance requirements
- Provide input on strategies required to meet organizational goals and mentor for specific technical or process areas
- Manage hiring process and maintain a pipeline of talented candidates
- Inspire, monitor, and motivate team members to perform and excel on their career path
- Contribute to regional or global initiatives or projects where needed
- Develop reporting on team initiatives and clearly communicate strategies on how to effectively carry them out
- 2+ years of experience leading a team in a technical support, support engineering, or customer services organization within a technology-oriented environment
- 5+ years of cumulative experience, including enterprise project management
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system; Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, preferably in engineering or computer science
- Capacity to translate strategic plans into communication and implementation plans; experience guiding significant change management activities
- Ability to interact effectively and diplomatically throughout all levels of the company and with people from diverse backgrounds, especially with sales teams
- Solid critical thinking skills with the ability to make timely decisions
- Excellent communication skills in English to interact courteously and effectively with customers, partners, and third-party vendors
- Commitment to customer service and providing the best experience possible to customers
- Solid persuasion skills to gain commitments from other stakeholders; great leadership skills to inspire, motivate, and develop team members
- Willingness to work a second shift schedule and perform weekend shift duties when needed
- Thorough understanding of open source software solutions and open source as a business model is a big plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.