Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Analyst - Global Logistics Operations
at Red Hat
- Job ID
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Global Logistics team is looking for a Business Analyst to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will evaluate business processes, identify areas for improvement, develop and implement new solutions along with documenting and communicating the results of your efforts. You will primarily be responsible for vendor and carrier performance and compliance, software solutions implementation and maintenance, global performance reporting, and developing processes to support global initiatives and the success of the Global Logistics team. You’ll need to have exceptional communication, technical, and analytical skills. As a Business Analyst, you’ll need to be organized, detail-oriented, motivated, and comfortable collaborating with internal teams and external vendors. Your goal will be to develop and implement processes that promote efficiency and cost effectiveness to the benefit of associates, their customers, the Global Logistics team, and Red Hat as a whole.
Primary job responsibilities
- Analyze and validate business requirements for enhancements, maintenance, and work instructions for all logistics-related software solutions
- Manage and develop relationships with IT partners to move initiatives forward
- Establish and maintain cross-functional relationships with internal stakeholders and team members across the globe
- Coordinate and facilitate communication and collaboration between regions among all Red Hat business teams as needed
- Write and analyze vendor guidelines to ensure that they are meeting the needs of Red Hat’s associates
- Ensure implementation of guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Take responsibility for documenting internal work instructions as needed
- Coordinate training as needed for enhancements or implementation of software solutions
- Maintain budget and track expenditures and transactions
- Develop comprehensive reports on vendor, carrier, and team performance and submit reports to the Logistics management as needed
- Manage communication through internal email, social media, etc.
- Provide suggestions for enhancements or process change to optimize team performance
- Collaborate with internal and external associates to ensure that the team is meeting and exceeding the needs of our associates
- Maintain records and coordinate day-to-day operations
- Ensure that all solutions meet global requirements
- Become a subject matter expert with operating systems and core responsibilities
- Proven experience working as a business analyst or relevant position
- Proven experience tracking budgets, auditing, and report writing
- Knowledge with software solutions for logistics and inventory systems, 3PL, SAP, etc.
- Technologically savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with flow charts, activity graphs, and document analysis
- Customer service-oriented
- Strategic and critical thinking skills with the ability to interpret technical content
- Highly motivated to achieve tasks with little supervision
- Ability to manage large workloads and meet deadlines
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.