Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Strategy Consultant
at Red Hat
- Job ID
- Software Engineering
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Use your planning, problem-solving, and project management experience to make a difference at Red Hat. The Red Hat Products and Technologies Operations (PnT Ops) team is looking for a business operations consultant to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will be part of a team responsible for guiding process improvements, enabling collaboration, and converting insight into operation improvement for the PnT and other Red Hat’s team. You’ll work with multiple roles and stakeholders in Red Hat on a variety of projects. You will be expected to bring value back into the business through solid leadership and implementation skills. As a Business Strategy Consultant, you will also collaborate and be a partner in broader Red Hat’s efforts to ensure an end-to-end alignment and optimization of go-to-market plans. Help our Investments and Planning team guide fundamental changes in how we plan and conduct our business. You will play an important role in how Red Hat evolves and guides adoption of operational planning processes that have enterprise-wide impacts.
Primary job responsibilities
- Collaborate with colleagues to examine the current state, identify areas for improvement, and help create plans, communication, and education content required to realize the desired future state
- Provide practical advice to colleagues about implementing long-term, portfolio, operational, and budget planning
- Differentiate strategic investments from other work, so that the business can react with flexibility and speed to market opportunities
- Create alignment between the product teams and the Sales, Marketing, and Services go-to-market plans through the alignment of goals and clear, repeatable planning processes that result in actionable operational plans
- Cascade business team strategy and goals into a well-defined set of R&D investments, incorporating engineering, recruiting, facilities, DevOps, and other needs into a unified operational plan
- Deconstruct complex challenges to identify value propositions, set stakeholders’ expectations, and create an implementation plan that will result in achieving success
- Build trust and productive relationships across Red Hat; reduce difficulties and issues associated with planning
- Increase collective expertise about how to collaborate and align across teams to make our everyday work rewarding and enjoyable
- Provide practical advice about implementing long-term, portfolio, operational, and budget planning
- 8-10 years of experience in operations, project management, or sales in technology companies
- Background in business planning or operations within a technology business setting; having both business and operations experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to define and build project plans for complex challenges
- Ability to think creatively, blending quantitative assessments with qualitative inputs to create direction for future improvements
- Solid written and verbal communication skills; ability to write and articulate concise content related to complex problems and analysis
- Comfortable communicating and presenting to a large and small audiences
- Deadline and metric-focused; ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and approach challenges with excitement and optimism; enthusiastic about brainstorming and debating ideas
- Ability to think and work on your own; self-awareness
- Ability to work as part of a team; demonstrated diplomatic skills
- Willingness to work in an office environment
- Detail-oriented and thorough
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.