Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Partner Communications Specialist
at Red Hat
- Job ID
- Corporate Marketing
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Marketing team is looking for a Partner Communications Specialist to join our Corporate Communications team in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will deliver the communications strategy and its implementation for Red Hat’s partner ecosystem and coordinate with activities, events, and programs across Red Hat’s various partner teams, Corporate Communications and broader Marketing Communications teams. You’ll need to be detail-oriented with solid written and verbal communication skills, while also being comfortable developing and delivering strategic direction to teams. You should also be comfortable managing multiple tasks simultaneously while under a deadline. Clear, concise, and engaging communication skills are required.
Primary job responsibilities
- Develop and implement an overarching communications strategy for Red Hat’s partner ecosystem
- Work with the partner teams to identify key story angles, develop media pitches, and write blog posts
- Work with channel executives to develop and maintain thought leadership platforms including media outreach, writing, etc.
- Establish rules, guidelines, and governance policies for partner communications
- Work closely with Red Hat’s partner social media specialist to amplify messages and build voices across Red Hat’s social media channels; build social media marketing education and enablement materials for partners
- Activate Red Hat’s partner-focused teams on social media across the globe by equipping them with shareable content, tips, and best practices
- Work with Red Hat’s Customer Reference team to create compelling and interesting stories with some of our leading customers and partners
- Prepare measurement reports and dashboards for internal stakeholders
- Conduct media monitoring, coverage reporting, and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or a related field is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in PR or communications
- Experience with channel PR or technology PR is a plus
- Familiarity with social media and digital communications and the role they play in boosting brand awareness, engagement, and traffic
- Experience pitching proactive stories to technology and business publications and managing media relationships
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, editing, and speaking, and the ability to communicate simply and effectively
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate judgment
- Proactive and highly responsive
- Motivated and detail-oriented with the ability to thrive, multitask, and quickly prioritize projects in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal, collaboration, and project management skills, and the ability to build and maintain relationships with executives and teams across the company
- Team player with a flexible attitude and the willingness to contribute as part of a small, dynamic team
- Proven ability to pick up new tools and concepts quickly
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.