Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Business Planning Analyst
at Red Hat
- Job ID
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Global Financial Planning and Analytics team is looking for a Principal Business Planning Analyst to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will perform strategic and operational planning with the opportunity and expectation to serve as a global finance leader. Your primary focus will be to facilitate long-range and fiscal year planning. You'll interact frequently with key leadership groups from across the globe in finance, sales, operations, marketing, products and technology, and IT. This will provide you with the opportunity to exercise your analytical skills while developing a well-rounded understanding of Red Hat's business through working with senior leadership on impactful and far-reaching projects. Your success will depend on your ability to collaborate with and gain agreement among your stakeholders based on your recommendations.
Primary job responsibilities
- Facilitate the fiscal year planning process for setting the top-line direction of the company
- Identify and articulate planning requirements to worldwide planning stakeholders
- Design and maintain global financial planning models and templates
- Consolidate the fiscal year plan from corporate and regional finance teams
- Provide analytical insights on the consolidated fiscal year plan
- Provide financial analysis and decision support for key leadership teams, including senior vice president and general manager-level executives
- Create and guide investment and business cases in support of corporate and sales initiatives
- Collaborate with and help to establish a consensus among cross-functional planning groups within strategy, finance, marketing, products and technology (PnT), and IT teams, including global and regional operations teams
- Work closely with off-shore shared services team in India to design and develop planning data, tools, and infrastructure and facilitate the development of reporting and insights
- Engage in data transformation activities to ensure data quality for management reporting; create transition plan for these responsibilities to shared services data teams
- Identify and implement improvements in the planning process in collaboration with the Finance Transformation, Process Excellence, and IT teams to build a next-generation planning process
- MBA or a graduate degree in a related field
- Solid project management and stakeholder management skills
- 5+ years of related professional experience
- Extensive experience delivering presentations to senior executives with a focus on detail and design
- Expert spreadsheets modelling skills, including experience with sensitivity analysis, forecasting, time series models, etc.
- Motivated with the ability to conquer ambiguity and develop networks
- Demonstrated record of solid customer service, interpersonal, and time management skills in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Willingness to travel internationally
The following are considered a plus:
- Consulting background
- Strategic and financial planning background
- Experience with Google Sheets and Slides
- Basic understanding of Salesforce.com (SFDC), including reporting
- Experience with business intelligence tools like Tableau, QlikView, or SAS Visual Analytics
- Previous experience with planning tools like Anaplan, Hyperion Planning, etc.
- Experience with relational databases and data warehousing systems like SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Amazon Redshift, Oracle, MySQL, etc.
- Advanced analytical skills; ability to learn advanced analytical techniques using Python or R
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.