Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Red Hat
- Job ID
- Quality Engineering
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Quality Engineering (QE) team is looking for a Quality Engineer to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will join an international team of software engineers immersed in the latest technology within the microservice architecture. You will be responsible for evaluating the functionality of offerings, extending our existing test automation frameworks, and implementing new open source tools to verify the quality of Red Hat’s solutions while working with innovative technologies like Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)-based applications, container management, and cloud provider integrations. This is a technical leadership role that requires a great deal of thought regarding automation and troubleshooting.
Primary job responsibilities
- Lead a team of other experienced engineers
- Participate in the test planning and product planning processes
- Develop test automation and extend Python automation framework
- Participate in performance test planning, tooling, and execution
- Identify standards and ensure compliance with these standards
- Plan for a rapidly changing environment
- Troubleshoot and fix problems quickly, sometimes with only a small portion of data available
- Motivated with an ability to take ownership of the Red Hat OpenShift security domain
- Excellent time management skills; ability to balance working on long-term projects and short-term tasks
- Passion for testing and desire to know how things work
- Expert-level troubleshooting and investigation abilities
- Previous technical leadership experience
- Advanced Linux system administration experience
- 5+ years of experience developing test automation
- Advanced programming experience with Python
- Advanced experience with Git source control system
- Experience with Jenkins continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD)
- Red Hat certifications like Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA), or Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) are a plus
- Solid written and verbal language skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure as part of an ever-expanding global team
The following are considered a plus:
- GitHub public profile with access to code commit history
- Selenium WebDriver experience
- Experience with containers, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience using or participating in open source projects
- Experience deploying, configuring, and maintaining virtualization environments
- Experience with public clouds from Amazon, Google, and Microsoft
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.