Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Ansible Solutions Architect
at Red Hat
- Job ID
- PreSales, Solution Architecture
- Remote base
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Sales team is looking for a Senior Ansible Solutions Architect to join our Specialist Solutions Architect team for Red Hat’s management offerings. In this role, you will passionately promote the adoption of Red Hat’s solutions, working closely with sales in pursuit of new customers and helping them solve real problems. To be successful, you'll need to gain an understanding of the customer business needs and align these needs with our capabilities. As a Senior Ansible Solutions Architect, you will work with Red Hat’s innovative management offerings, including Red Hat CloudForms, Red Hat Satellite, and Red Hat Ansible Automation, Red Hat Ansible Network Automation, and Ansible for Windows. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
- Master the Red Hat management offerings to become a technical expert for the Red Hat Sales team
- Conduct regular demonstrations of Red Hat’s technologies and offerings to prospective sales customers
- Scope evaluations and lead prospective customers through successful technical evaluations and proofs of concepts
- Work closely with internal product, product engineering, professional services, support, and sales teams to ensure a successful customer experience
- Develop and maintain content that enables Red Hat to sell and support Red Hat’s management solutions at scale
- Contribute to building best practices, repeatable methodologies, and tools in sales and engineering
- Demonstrate leadership in IT management by producing whitepapers and webinars and by speaking at conferences
- 5+ years of experience working in a technical presales, enterprise architect, support, or consulting role, with a focus on IT management or cloud computing
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Solid Linux system administration skills; Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)-level Linux skills or better, although certifications are not required
- Extensive technical experience with virtualization, especially Red Hat Virtualization, VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Citrix XenServer; VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certification is a plus
- Experience with cloud technologies, especially Red Hat OpenStack Platform, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Compute Platform (GCP)
- Solid debugging, troubleshooting, and general problem-solving skills
- Great customer service skills and a desire to make users successful
- Positive attitude, ability to work as part of a team, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel up to 75%
The following are considered a plus:
- Direct experience with Red Hat CloudForms or alternatives like VMware vCloud Automation Center
- Practical experience with Red Hat Network Satellite or alternatives
- Direct experience with Red Hat Ansible Automation or other IT automation and configuration management tools like Puppet or Chef
- Experience with datacenter automation tools and processes
- System administration or datacenter architecture experience
- Windows system administration
- Ruby, Python, or PowerShell programming
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.