Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Financial Data Analyst
at Red Hat
- Job ID
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Finance team is looking for a Senior Financial Data Analyst to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will be responsible for close partnership with Red Hat's product business teams globally, as well as for streamlining and improving processes, and preparing financial reports to improve operational performance. As a Senior Financial Data Analyst, you will need to understand complex financial problems, while demonstrating the ability to clearly communicate sound explanations and solutions to promote long-term profitable growth.
Primary job responsibilities
- Work with various business functions in reviewing annual financial targets or goals, analysis, and measurement to meet product top line attainment and Red Hat-shared KPIs
- Collaborate with Products and Technologies (PnT) Operations, Red Hat Analytics, and Business Operations teams to bring unified executive-level dashboards with actionable insights
- Analyze global performance financial and other operational KPIs in alignment with the finance team
- Support Business Finance team for data discovery and visualization; share best practices and collaborate across teams
- Develop understanding of Red Hat’s global business model in order to identify financial trends and provide value-added analysis
- Perform monthly financial and operational analysis with a commentary
- Partner with the business team’s leadership to create a long-term strategic, financial, and operational model
- Analyze and evaluate short and long-term plans for financial implications to long-term profitable growth in partnership with the entire portfolio of our offerings
- Support long-term and annual planning processes
- Analyze and shape pricing and discounting models
- Bachelor's degree; MBA is a plus
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Proven record of implementing streamline reporting and analysis
- Outstanding financial skills with financial modeling and data visualization expertise
- Analytical approach to work
- Problem-solving skills and initiative
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to simplify and explain complex problems to stakeholders of all levels across multiple functions
- Keen business judgment with deep understanding of business operations
- Ability to work on your own and identify value in an unstructured situation
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.